Tuesday, January 27, 2015

forever friend


My beautiful Cockapoo Molly has gone to rest
She was always so loving, so sweet
 Even times when she was being a pest
My heart is so broken, so hollow
She’s gone way too soon
I can feel her presence in every empty room

As I puzzle over why a dogs life’s extremely brief
A lesson discovered helps me cope with my aching grief
They’re here to teach us that our lives are preciously brief as well

So Instead of worrying about all the small stuff
We need to learn how to howl, bark or yelp
Always have fun! Run! Jump! Sleep well! Play!
Live life to its fullest each and every treasured day
Take nothing for granted, Love your fellow man
And always go outside whenever you possibly can!

Cherish each gesture of love and affection
Love unconditionally, forgive, pay attention
Greet everyone like they've been gone far too long
Enjoy your meals, treats and howling a good song

Our pets lives may be brief but they’re happy for most of those years
While we spend our extra days overly stressed or in tears
If we take cues from our dogs and the messages they send

Our lives can be happier like those of our cherished tail-wagging friends.

6 comments:

Giggles said...

Such a beautiful tribute to the dear Molly. So so sorry for your loss Lucy...it's devastating to lose a pet. They NEVER leave our heart! Wonderful truth to what you wrote, and yes they are here to teach us true love and acceptance. They know how to find happiness in the smallest things.It's amazing really. Big hugs in your time of grief...so so sorry... I remember your sweet blog stories about her antics..

Much love Giggles

Forgetfulone said...

What a beautiful poem and great lessons to learn from our pets. I'm so sorry for your loss!

Bone said...

"Greet everyone like they've been gone far too long"

I especially liked that line.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lucy. There is nothing like the love and loyalty of a pet.

Lucy said...

Thank you giggles! I should revisit the stories I wrote about her

Diana,thank you. And thanks for popping in. Miss u
Need to pop over and see what you've been up to!

Bone..glad you liked that line,because That's a lesson I learned a long while ago. I love to greet everyone in a way that makes them feel welcomed and loved. So glad you are blogging again. I just loved your 3 new posts. Now go kick my butt on WWF!

threesidesofcrazy said...

So sorry about your loss - love the ode to live a better life. HUGS

kali karagias said...

Lovely blog you have herre