Friday, October 31, 2008
2. Hearing my kids cars come in the driveway or their keys in the lock and knowing they are home safe is music to my ears.
3. Lucky is enjoying life, sharing love and having your health
4. Trying to be as healthy as I can is something I take very seriously.
5. Many people read my blog and then Don't leave a comment :((
6. Vampire makeup was the last thing I bought at the store.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to picking up my youngest son from his FIRST day of work and hearing all about it! tomorrow my plans include Other than working my butt off all day? NOT much! and Sunday, I want to help my husband build shelves in our kitchen
visit fri.fill in
TWO in one day! I CAN accomplish Nablopomo!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Tamy from 3 sides of crazy honored me with this cute award, Thanks Tamy!
Here are the rules:
Mention the blog that gave it to you and comment on their blog to let them know you have posted your award.
Publish these rules:
Share 6 values that are important to you and 6 things you do not support~ Grant the prize to 6 people.
6 things I value
* family, friends AND myself
* happiness and Love (and cookies)
6 Things I DO NOT support
* Racism, ignorance, narrow minded people
* violence, bullying/abuse of any kind
* Irresponsible parents, drivers, pet owners,cell phone users
* Rude/superior behaviors
* infringing on peoples rights to make their own choices
6 people I am passing this award to-
giggles @ happytiler
Gill @ gillsjottings
granny @ grannySmith
Jodi @ Why Paisley
Barbara @ Skittles Place
Keith @ Keiths ramblings
(no pressure guys!)
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I was Tagged by the Lovable, Honest and funny... TaMMY over at Queensized funny bone
Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following. They have to be real places, names, things ... Nothing made up! Try to use different answers if the person in front of you had the same 1st initial. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question. Then tag 3 other people. (It's harder than it looks!)
WHAT IS YOUR NAME: Lucy
4 LETTER WORD: Love
BOY NAME: Larry
SOMETHING YOU WEAR: Lacey Leotard
A PLACE: Las Vegas
SOMETHING FOUND IN A BATHROOM: Lilac Loofah (see photo!)
REASON FOR BEING LATE: Loopy
SOMETHING YOU SHOUT: LUNCH TIME!
FOOD: Lasagna, Linguini, Lobster ( couldn't make up my mind on those!)
I want to tag
Tamy@ 3 sides of crazy
Gem @Genuine Gem
and Penny @ marmalade skies
(of course,NO pressure, only play if you want to ladies!)
Monday, October 27, 2008
No it's not an american indian tribe.
It stands for National blog posting month.
By joining her, we are basically committing to writing a
post EVERYDAY for a whole MONTH! I was so afraid to accept,not sure if I could possibly do this and uncertain of the consequences,.. Diane (who btw.. should be called
FUNNYone said if I miss a day, the police are going to come and charge me with a first degree blogging felony! She really had me laughing at my silliness!
So.. I am going to start On NOv. 1. I can tell you,This will probably mean, there will be plenty of nonsense written in the month of November! wish me luck on successfully completing my posting mission! Here are this mornin's mutterins.. Happy MOnday to all!
- Contemplate :: constantly
- In the house :: home sweet home
- Classical :: cannon in D
- Quest :: of the forgetful housewife
- Best friend :: My favorite queen song
- 1991 :: 17 years ago
- Never will :: say goodbye
- Fool :: On the hill
- Unhappy :: 'cause I'm out of cookies
- Best man :: Is still our very best friend
( I guess I've got music on my mind!)
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Today my husband and I celebrate our 28th anniversary!
I've decided to re-post something I wrote back in June,
when I was going through a (thankfully fine now) health scare...
No matter what I have to go through in my life
there is one thing I can depend on. The unconditional
love and tremendous support I receive from my husband.
We have been through many difficult bumps in the
28 years we have been married. There were times when
we both felt we just couldn't take another beating. Life
sometimes has a way of making you feel like that. Like
it's round 12 and You just can't keep fighting, can't keep
trying to get back up from every stressful punch. We've discussed
how typical it would have been, to be crushed to a point where we
would have given up on each other through all the knockouts.
Instead, somehow we persevered and our marriage actually grew stronger
in spite of the upsetting difficulties. When he was at his lowest and even
HE felt, many women would have said Adious Baby,
I hung in there and made sure he got back on his feet.
Whenever I am having 'one of those days' where I could so easily
lose it and require a straight jacket, His intuitiveness 'picks up' on those
feelings instantly and He intervenes with various loving gestures..
ALL which seem, like just THE magic potion required for bringing me
back to a normal pulse. Back to handling whatever situation is at hand
that I need to deal with. I've had younger women ask me what I think is the
secret (if you want to call it that) to a long lasting happy marriage.
Besides the obvious - really loving a person. I would say it has to do with
consideration, communication and camaraderie. Being Considerate enough
to put your spouses feelings and needs above your own. Caring for their emotional upsets
and caring to make their life happy. Communicating EVery
feeling you need to express. Caring to want to hear their feelings.
Bouncing thoughts off each other. Never going to bed angry or
without first resolving problems between you.
Camaraderie- actually enjoying each others company. Enjoying some similar interests.
Working together as a team to raise the children. Wanting to spend time together.
I am not sure how 28 years have passed by already. It feels like a blur.
I am hoping we will be able to go the entire distance. I am hoping
we don't get hit below the belt too often.!
In the meantime...
I am confident that any worrisome bout I have to face in my life.. He will
still be my corner man, ready to catch me. With him in my corner, I just can't fall far.
xox I love you honey xox
Friday, October 24, 2008
(I added that 'follow me' thingy in my margin..feel like being a peTal pusher?)
To quote this week's sunday scribblings...
"I don't like myself. I'm CRAZY ABOUT MYSELF!" -- Mae West
This week: bragging. What's awesome about you? You can pick one awesome thing, or list as many as you can. Don't be shy!
I'm weirdly proud to report that I actually share the same birthday as Mae West, yet, enviously, I don't share her confidence!
Here's another example of that vampy confidence- "When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better." WHO WAS THIS FEISTY,SEXY, DIAMOND LIL??? I just love Her attitude! Did u ever notice that when people drip with this kind of confidence and sex appeal, You just automatically find them impressive and sexy?! It has been proven over and over again that Attitude is everything! I've always loved this saying about attitudes.(hope u will read it)
No matter how many times I re-read that, I still have a difficult time changing mine. I SO want to be the type who can easily brag about my "awesome" qualities, my compliments, my prideful attributes.
Instead,I have a tendency to turn things 360 degrees when attention thrown my way becomes too ... attentive! When anyone starts to throw flattery and compliments and praise my way OR they want to give me the opportunity to talk about something exciting going on in my life... In NO time.. I've changed the subject and turned things around so they are venting, talking, boasting about themselves! I often wonder Why I do this?
Don't get me wrong.. INSIDE.. I really want to share my proud, 'awesome' characteristics, etc.... but, Unlike the flamboyant Miss West, I just keep turning things around.
Inadvertently, 'Kind of did it again here, didn't I?
For the last two weeks I've had a real pain in the ass.. LIterally!
I went to the dermatologist for one of those 'FULL' body checks.
BOY was it complete! She examined me EVERYWhere! Let me say that again..
EVERYWHERE!! I had gone with my husband a few years back when he had one of these
checks. His doc. barely looked him over. This doctor was quite different. Before hand,
I sat and waited for FORTY-FIVE minutes.. I finally HAD to say something. I nicely asked.. How much longer will it be? I've been waiting for 45 minutes. The nurse who brings you in the room overheard and with a bit of an attitude said.. I'm taking u in next.
10 minutes later I was brought into the exam room.
After a very thorough exam.. The doctor said she saw a suspicious mole on, of all places, my butt. I said, Gee that part of me is NEVEr exposed to the sun. She did a biopsy of the mole. The little spot is so sore and the after care wound treatment is a daily pain in the butt. They called yesterday with my results. The mole is nothing to worry about... it is called a BLUE something or other. I appropriately named it a blue moon. I can't help wondering if the nurse said to the doctor " this one is a 'pain in the ass' she asked how much longer", and the doctor forgetting her oath, thought... I'll give her a real pain in the ass. I don't know why my mind works this way. I mean, would a doctor unnecessarily remove a mole for spite. Maybe she was having a bad money day? Maybe, she is a bitch? Maybe, she likes to make mountains out of MOLE hills. or maybe i just have a blue moon. I don't know, but I am starting to think that the people who just ignore preventive care and Never go for annual anythings, might not be so ignorant after all.
1. Right now, I'm feeling pensive .
2. a warm beach is where I want to be.
3. How does one go about changing their future ?
4. a good nights sleep keeps me on track.
5. Please don't wake me .
6. My children feeling happy fills me with joy.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to trying to finsih my book club book , tomorrow my plans include working and dinner and Sunday, I want to see the secret life of Bee's !
visit friday fill ins
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Share Seven Random and/or Weird Facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs
4. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
I thought this was a familiar theme Penny.. so I searched my archives and YES I have weird all wrapped up already! due to my current lack of inspiration Penny, I am going to re-post this older weird facts meme and just add some updates in bold!
Weird fact #7- I need distance glasses to see distance. I don't wear them often. They make me dizzy, so I don't see too well. Well... since I wrote this (11/07) I have been getting more dizzy from NOT wearing the annoying glasses.. I HAVE to wear them to drive and see tv. Reviewing this weird fact makes me feel much older!
Weird fact #6- My memory is getting worse, I am convinced I have early onset of Alzheimer's although I can't remember what I keep forgetting. this makes me feel better than the last one.. I actually DON'T feel as forgetful as I had been AND I KNOW i don't have that debilitating disease
Weird fact #5- As bad as my memory is... I can quote movie & tv lines from 20 or more years ago. still true!
Weird fact #4- I startle way too easily. My eldest moved back home 3 mts. ago... yet every time he walks into a room, I Jump a foot hold my heart and say " I thought a strange Man was in the house!" .... ( I'm hoping this will motivate him to find his own apt.) well, i do still startle easily... BUT I SO don't want him to leave, I didn't when I wrote this either! I am so happy that he is settled in a great job and grad. school!
Weird fact #3- Stumped (or just too forgetful to remember how weird I am )... I asked my kids their opinion.... Unanimously they said "NEUROTIC AND OVER PROTECTIVE" ... there maybe some truth there.no comment
Weird fact #2- Is ironic- I never took drugs during my youth because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to have kids( these kids who now call me neurotic and over protective)... Hind sight ( sigh) no update necessary!
Weird fact #1- For someone who didn't do drugs I am pretty paranoid about..... just about everything. I am also Overly sensitive & Self conscious to a fault. How weird am I ? WEIRD!, but happy to report that even these three traits have tamed with aging.. what a difference a year makes!
because I am weird... I don't want to follow the rules.... Instead Please tag yourself if you would like to do this meme and hope u let me know if u do!
Darkness. She sits alone silently distressed as her racing thoughts scream
Numbly. Her heartsick heart suffers an overwhelmingly weary bleak ache
Briefly. She contemplates helpful solutions to heal anguish and despair
Foolishly. She clutches the vial and resigns- What difference could anything possibly make?
THREE WORD WEDNESDAY
Sherrie needs: Some soap in her mouth! ( what HAVE u been saying Giggles? We better go read her juicy posts!)
Gem needs: to be seen more! ( let's visit her!)
Diane needs: A Nickname! ( how about if we really think of one for her!!)
Tammy needs and Tammy needs: Your prayers and good wishes... OR I love this one Tammy Girls.. - A BABY! (YIKES!!)
(If I've tagged you, all you need to do is Google the name of the 5 bloggers you are tagging with the word "needs" attached and see what comes up)
Sunday, October 19, 2008
I've been feeling a bit blue, so going out last night was a
highlight to a 'not so good' week. My mind is racing with too many
regrets, too much stress and thoughts that I don't like and can't share.
What is weird, is so many people I've spoken to recently... all seem distant and
pensive, like they are feeling similarly. There is truly a negative wind blowing in from our countries difficulties.
The last time I remember such a universal numbness & sadness... 9/11 and the weeks following 9/11.
I will never forget shopping at Costco for items needed by our heros who were at ground zero, working around the clock. the store was crowded but silent. Everyone I looked at at Costco that day, had the same needed items in their carts.. and the same far away, quiet sadness in their eyes.
- Magical :: Seeing our old friends last night felt magical like it used to when we were all young and had No kids!
- Shrimp :: Last night at Tutto Pazzo I LOVED the delicious shrimp dinner I ordered.
- Project Runway :: Project- Running Away- don't you feel that way sometimes?
- Economy :: This awful decline in our economy has hurt business even in my little place.
- Porch :: I love those old homes with giant wrap around porches!
- State of affairs :: No matter what state, No matter what affair- The USA is in serious trouble.
- .com :: Imagine that our young kids, don't remember a time they didn't have a computer.
- fifty cents: : What can you buy with it these days?
- Ripping :: HOW long do YOU spend ripping up all this junk mail each day?
- Bull :: If I would have realized HOW cruel a bull fight is, I would have NEVER attended one in Mexico many years ago.
That is, My outward style tends, to follow current trends
The junior Department still calls and rants-"check out these wild leopard pants!"
As 'what NOT to wear' dictates...."juniors is NOT a forties scene,
At your age, you should NOT be wearing bohemian tops and low rise jeans"!
I guess I should be dressed in those, lady like 'age appropriate' clothes
which I think make me look dumpy and overall make me feel frumpy.
Considering I'm not very tall and lucky that my ass is still small
I don't see why I should StOP wearing stylish pants or a trendy top?
Or wearing cool boots with a sexy high heel, If ME, is how they make me feel?
AS lines form daily on my face... 'My style' may need to acquire a touch of grace
But, I'm just NOT ready to let aging cast me the dowdy curse... 'cause I just filled-up my new funky fall purse!
Friday, October 17, 2008
I was tagged for this Cartoon Meme by Skittles aka Spongebob!
hope u play along too.
* Copy these rules to your post.
* Link to the person who tagged you.
* Keep track of your points. (Don't peek at the answers.)
* Add the answer YOU got (and maybe an image) at the end of your post.
* Tag some people.
1. Which one of the following describes the perfect date?
a) Candlelight dinner (4 pts.)
b) Fun/Theme Park (2 pts.)
c) Painting in the park (5 pts)
d) Rock concert (1 pt.)
e) Going to the movies (3 pts.)
2. What is your favorite type of music?
a) Rock and Roll (2 pts.)
b) Alternative (1 pt.)
c) Soft Rock (4 pts.)
d) Country (5 pts )
e) Pop (3 pts.)
3. What type of movies do you prefer?
a) Comedy (2 pts.)
b) Horror (1 pt.)
c) Musical (3 pts.)
d) Romance (4 pts.)
e) Documentary (5 pts.)
4. Which one of these occupations would you choose if you only could choose one of these?
a) Waiter (4 pts.)
b) Professional Sports Player (5 pts.)
c) Teacher (3 pts.)
d) Police (2 pts.)
e) Cashier (1 pt)
5. What do you do with your spare time?
a) Exercise (5 pts.)
b) Read (4 pts.)
c) Watch television (2 pts.)
d) Listen to music (1 pt.)
e) Sleep (3 pts.)
6. Which one of the following colors do you like best?
a) Yellow (1 pt.)
b) White (5 pts.)
c) Sky Blue (3 pts)
d) Dark Blue(2 pts.)
e) Red (4 pts.)
7. What do you prefer to eat?
a) Snow (3 pts.)
b) Pizza (2 pts.)
c) Sushi (1 pt.)
d) Pasta (4 pts.)
e) Salad (5 pts.)
8. What is your favorite holiday ?
a) Halloween(1 pt.)
b) Christmas(3 pts..)
c) New Year (2 pts.)
d) Valentine's Day(4 pts.)
e) Thanksgiving(5 pts.)
9. If you could go to one of these places which one would it be?
a) Paris (4 pts)
b) Spain (5 pts)
c) Las Vegas (1 pt)
d) Hawaii (4 pts)
e) Hollywood (3 pts)
10. With which of the following would you prefer to spend time with?
a) Someone Smart (5 pts.)
b) Someone attractive (2 pts.)
c) Someone who likes to Party (1 pt.)
d) Someone who always has fun (3 pts.)
e) Someone very sentimental (4 pts.)
(10-16 points) You are Garfield :
You are very comfortable, easy going, and you definitely know how to have fun but sometimes you take it to an extreme. You always know what you are doing and you are always in control of your life. Others may not see things as you do, but that doesn't mean that you always have to do what is right. Try to remember, your happy spirit may hurt you or others.
(17-23 points) You are Snoopy:
You are fun; you are very cool and popular. You always know what's in and you ' re never out of style , you are good at knowing how to satisfy everyone else. You have probably disappeared for a few days more than once but you always come home with the family values that you learned Being married and having children are important to you, but only after you have had your share of fun times
(24-28 points) You are Elmo:
You have lots of friends and you are also popular, always willing to give advice and help out a person in need. You are very optimistic and you always see the bright side of things. Some good advice:try not to be too much of a dreamer. Dreaming too big could cause many conflicts in your life.
(29-35 points) You are Sponge Bob Square Pants. You are the classic person that everyone loves. You are the best friend that anyone could ever have and never wants to lose. You never cause harm to anyone and they would never not understand your feelings. Life is a journey, it's funny and calm for the most part Stay away from traitors and jealous people and you will be stress free.
(36-43 points) You are Charlie Brown:
You are tender, you fall in love quickly but you are also very serious about all relationships. You are a family person. You call your Mom every Sunday. You have many friends and may occasionally forget a few Birthdays. Don't let your passion confuse you with reality.
(44-50 points ) You are Dexter:
You are smart and definitely a thinker... Every situation is fronted with a plan. You have a brilliant mind. You demonstrate very strong family principles. You maintain a stable routine but never ignore a bad situation when it comes. Try to do less over thinking every once in a while to spice things up a bit with spontaneity!
Of course... I am Snoopy!
Anyone who wants to play along! :)
And anyone who wants to play along on the NAME GAME below!---
I found this little game over at 3 sides of crazy!
I thought it looked like fun.
1.Your rock star name (first pet, current car) Daisy C.R.V
2.Your gangsta name (favorite ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe) CHocolate Clog
3.Your Native American name (favorite color, favorite animal) Purple Dog
4.Your soap opera name (middle name, city where you were born) Anne Islip
5.Your Star Wars name (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 of your first name) LudLu
6.Superhero name (2nd favorite color, favorite drink) Blue Cosmo
7.NASCAR name (the first names of your grandfathers) Pat Salvatore
8.Dancer name (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy) Egyptian goddess Snicker
9.TV weather anchor name (your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Cornell Chicago
10.Spy name (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Summer Daisy
11.Cartoon name:(favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now) Mango Pajama
12.Hippie name (what you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) Oatmeal Willow
13.Movie star name (first pet, first street where you lived) Daisy First
1. Follow the yellowbrick road, of course! but then Follow your heart.
2. Flip Flops to wear in the shower is something I always take with me on vacation.
3. To achieve your goals, you must have drive, Drive is more essential than IQ.
4. I've written a small childrens book but don't have the know how(or is it the drive?) to launch it is something I'd like you to know about me.
5. I have a desire to invent something .
6. Kindness floats.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to being off from work, tomorrow my plans include dinner out with old friends who we really miss and need to catch up with and Sunday, I want to clean out closets, organize fall clothes, then celebrate my son's 16th B.d. at his favorite chinese restaurant! !
visit friday fill ins
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
which led to my decision to delete my last post.
thanks for your comments, they were so very helpful.
I am going to pursue that 'problem' very quietly and carefully.
How about some mutterings instead?
- Zoo :: Every spring when the weather became nice, we would take the kids to the Bronx zoo. We thought everyone loved doing this each year till one spring my son observed a nice day and said " PLEASE can we just skip the zoo this year?"
- Neighborhood :: I've finally begun to walk my dogs around our neighborhood. They used to be awful walkers, but they are doing better each day. Thanks to Caesar's advice!
- Salute :: Our soldiers deserve at least a salute for our gratitude.
- Immortality :: The immortality of vampires is too freaky! (the HBO show true blood is really getting to me!)
- Dominion :: November 4th will tell!
- Rhonda :: Brings the beach boys to mind!
- Parties :: I hope BOTH parties have a miraculous plan to get this desperate country back on it's feet.
- Prince of Darkness :: Back to true blood- if you watch this show.. Don't you think
- Garbage :: I am sick of hearing all the garbage that kids are subjected to.
- Standard :: Don't you think there should be standards set for people who choose to raise kids? We need a license to drive, open a business,even dog's need a license... yet ANYonE can raise a child?
wolfman is doing all the killings?? I mean if the premise allows vampires to be real, Then wolfmen must be around too, no?
Speaking of hearing a lot of garbage... WHY do we teach elementary school kids lies about Columbus?? When the truth is.. first off he DIDN'T discover America and most importantly.. he tortured and killed 1/3 of the population of indians? I just don't understand WHY we are lied to like this? check out this brief article
for the truth
Saturday, October 11, 2008
did u ever do something that wasn't even funny, but you find yourself laughing about it days later?
The other day I went to the drive up window at CVS to drop off a script for my husband. The girl asked for his date of birth and told me to come back in an hour. As I drove maybe 6 ft away, my son looked at me and said.. 'Mom you just said dads b.d was 10/16, that's not right. I Stopped the car and said "I said that? are u sure?" Instead of backing the car up the few ft. I jumped out, ran back to the window and knocked on it. A New clerk opened the window with annoyance and with an attitude yelled... "You've got to come inside, Only people with cars can come to the window" So I pointed over to my car the few feet away and sweetly said.. "Oh I do, I have a car... It's over there." She looked at me like I was crazy (geee I HAVE been getting that look a lot lately) then I asked to speak to the other clerk.
When I got back in my car, I just couldn't stop laughing. I said to my son.. WHY didn't I just back up? He laughed and said.. "I don't know why you do half the things you do!"
Here it is 2 days later and I am still finding humor somewhere in this silly story.
When I was a little girl my mom would always have music playing in our home. Frank Sinatra,
Teresa Brewer,Perry como, Dean Martin. I grew up listening to the big band sounds of Count Basie ,Glen Miller and The Dorsey brothers. As Un-cool as it was to my older brother and sister, who were enjoying csn and zepplin. I just came alive to the sounds of these old-time artists. My mom once commented that I could hear a song for the first time and just know the lyrics instinctively. I felt I had heard them before.
Later on, when I was in high school, I discovered Billie Holiday. I played her records over and over. She moved my soul but there was more to her music than that. I felt I really had experienced it before. Poor Billie died July 17, 1959, exactly one month before I was born. Yet, I felt I knew her. ( hmmm??)
It was the same with that era's dancing. Swing dancing! YEAH MAn!! the jitterbug, The west coast swing. My heart aches when I see these dances performed, I just know I would have loved dancing like that. At every wedding I am always looking for a partner that can do the lindy with me!
To me, even the clothes of the 40's are something I think I was born to wear. When I see Bacall or Bergman in films, I envy their wardrobes! When I was about 14 years old I remember shopping for a dress for an occasion. I can't recall what the occasion was, but I will never forget that dress. It was white with tiny lite brown polka dots. It fell below my knees, it had big buttons down the front a large belt and padded shoulders. It was cut straight AND it was straight out of my era. I just Loved How I looked and felt in that dress. I so wish I had a picture of it.
( the dress to the left looks similar, but not as beautiful as I remember it)
I recently read the book 'dream when you're feeling blue" by Elizabeth Berg.
It took place during WW2 and it really gave the reader an authentic look into the lives of 3 sisters and the sacrifices and loves in their lives. As I read it, I could have easily been one of those characters. It just seems to fit me. I love the innocence of that time, the family bond, the courtesies, the simple desires. As crazy as it sounds, while growing up in the 70's, I didn't even think my face was right for my era. I have a 40's face! I actually used to feel like I wasn't in the right decade. Many times people would tell me I looked like Betty Boop, while My friends were looking like Farrah Faucet and Susan Dey. I've never believed in reincarnation, but when I sit and reminisce like this, I can't help wondering once more, Have I already lived in a different time?
Friday, October 10, 2008
Someone sent me a link that sounded interesting. They PAY u to blog!! Yeah baby... I am all for trying that! WELL... THEY REJECTED ME!! They apparently think my blog isn't for general audiences! So, being a bit curious and a bit saddened by this... I thought... Hmmm... HOW can THEY know about all my rants that DO include a few inappropriate expletives. Light bulb... I used that search bar that's on the top and typed in one of the naughtiest expletives. YIKES... I found TWENTY posts that contained that word! Shame on me! I bet if I put and ending on 'that word' like ING or ER, i may find 20 more!
So for autumn, I am turning over a New leaf! No more profanity! Do u think it can be done?
I may not be able to express myself as intensely but I am going to give it a try! In the mean time... Here is a little Friday F*&%ing Fill in!
1. One of the best concerts/plays/movies I ever saw that I really didn't think I'd like was The broadway show-in the heights! It was as fantastic as Jersey boys!
2. pepper steak is a recipe I recently made (or meal I recently ordered) that was delicious!
3. It's time for Lulu to start thinking about taking care of herself
4. a glass of ice cold water with a twist of lime is quite refreshing.
5. If I never hear the word housework again, it'll be too soon.
6. To one side of the curving road was a starbucks and on the other was a starbucks?? what's up with that? How much coffee are we really consuming?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to cuddling up with a movie and a HEALTHY snack tomorrow my plans include work, making chicken soup, then picking all my basil and freezing it and Sunday, I want to go to the park and walk the trails, check out the Fall festival, finish up with family board games
friday fill in #93
Thursday, October 09, 2008
I want to acknowledge the birthday of our beloved John Lennon. It's so Hard to believe he has been gone for nearly 28 years and would have been 68 yrs.old today. I can never forget his special day, He was born the same day and year as a neighbor of mine who also holds a special place in my heart. I know John's message still lives on in so many of us. Hope you will listen to 'imagine' one of my absolute favorite songs, followed by beautiful boy.
Today I awoke with such an awful headache. I made the mistake of taking advil on an empty stomach, which added nausea to my head pain. I feel like I've wasted so much of my precious time off from work. I had wanted to accomplish many errands and more fall cleaning. Instead, I've spent some time sitting quietly with my eyes closed and now that my head is clearing... I was able to read a few blogs, where I found this little meme to share.
What would you like to be? Answer the following with a word or reason, and have fun.
1. Tree- today? A weeping willow. other times? A mighty Oak.
2. Animal- A monkey, always having fun!
3. Vehicle- a luxurious stretch limo, comfortable and desired on special occasions
4. Appliance- An oven, with a big turkey inside, ready to comfort a family.
5. Gemstone- Diamond. desirable, precious.
6. Flower- Sunflower, enjoying the sunshine with a happy face.
7. Instrument- A harp. complicated, Tall and lovely.
8. Fruit- An orange. bright, sweet, and worth the effort of peeling.
9. Bird- A parrot. gabbing away and loving people.
10. Crayon- Purple. regal, powerful, playful, intense.
Like Tammy who I've borrowed this from, I'm tagging anyone who wants to play along.
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Thrash out your effortless youthful defiance on me!
go on! let your vindictive heart be cruel, be tarnished, be bold!
I will hold fast to discipline, protection and unconditional love.
confident. This inescapable phase will pass, inducing your heart of gold.
visit 3 WW
Monday, October 06, 2008
a few posts back I was excited to post
pictures of my renovated salon. Now it is
truly complete! I fell in love with these curtains!
I found them at Bed Bath and Beyond.
I don't know if this picture accurately shows you
the true colors, but they have gold,plum and green on them.
They were pretty wrinkled out of the package, so I took a little
hand steamer that my husband purchased, telling me, "This is good to have!"
I thought he was crazy! BUT, WOW.. It made fixing these curtains and defining the
creases so easy! He also has steamed... The stuck on haircolor from my color bottles!
the ring around my shampoo sink drain! He even steamed a stain off a favorite canvas purse of mine!
So I guess Mr. cool pants, really knows a thing or two about the necessities of steam!
- Insight :: sometimes difficult for me to find
- Irksome :: IBS is quite irksome
- Maybe :: I should start getting ready for my day and stop blogging
- Confirmation :: After my son's confirmation party, my relationship with my sister was transformed
- Bib :: Shouldn't adults be wearing them too?
- Stop! :: Stop! driving distracted!
- Lobster :: ummm so good, but oh so sad, poor little guys
- Boys :: I'm surrounded by them
- Fire away :: but don't expect me to remember what you've said!
- Give up :: I give up, I have to get cracking now i will post this later and try to figure out why my words are ontop of my photos?? blogger... I GIVE UP!
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Australian boy breaks into Outback zoo, bashes lizards, feeds animals to giant crocodile
SYDNEY, Australia (AP) _ A 7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, f ed a string of animals to the resident crocodile and bashed several lizards to death with a rock, the zoo's director said Friday.
The 30-minute rampage, caught on the zoo's security camera, happened early Wednesday after the boy jumped a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Center in central Australia, said zoo director Rex Neindorf.
The child then went on a killing spree, bashing three lizards to death with a rock, including the zoo's beloved, 20-year-old goanna, which he then fed to "Terry," an 11-foot, 440-pound saltwater crocodile, said Neindorf.
The boy also fed several live animals to Terry by throwing them over the two fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure, at one point climbing over the outer fence to get closer to the giant reptile.
By the time he was done, 13 animals worth around $5,500 had been killed, including a turtle, bearded dragons and thorny devil lizards, Neindorf said. Although none were considered rare, some are difficult to replace, he said.
Alice Springs police said they are unable to press charges against the boy because of his age. Children under age 10 can't be charged with criminal offenses in the Northern Territory. His name was not released because of his age.
"I just want people to learn that they can't let their children go and run amok," Neindorf said. "If we can't put the blame onto the child, then someone has to accept the responsibility."
RUN AMOK??? This child is seriously psychotic. I understand they can't press charges under their law, but for goodness sakes, Is this child going to be allowed to be with Other children? Will he continue to be part of society?? There is something truly wrong with the judicial system in Australia OR anywhere else, if someone, even a child, can commit these sick, demented crimes and not be held accountable. This article doesn't say if the child has had a psyche study but clearly he should be Forbidden to play with other children. What in the world could bring a 7 yr. old child to display such rage and brutality? If no one intervenes with some serious psychiatric help, I fear we WIll be reading about more horrific crimes from this same child as an adult.
Friday, October 03, 2008
1. October we celebrate my son's 16th b.d and my 28th anniversary
2. wars scare me!
3. Leaves are falling all around, it's time to make comfort foods for dinner
4. My favorite horror movie is rocky horror because real horror movies terrify me.
5. my kids growing up = good memories.
6. It was a dark and stormy night and seriously.. A strange woman came to my quiet street in suburbia, knocked on my door and asked if we had a match!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going for drinks at my sweet neighbors house tomorrow my plans include working and hot tub and Sunday, I want to go to my spunky friends house and join in the campaign , for her 'call for change' party!
Thursday, October 02, 2008
She nourishes us with her superficial charm
as she starves us with her Deliberate vagueness
If enough of us don't unite and intervene
I'm afraid she'll be voted into Cheney's office.
Thanks for the words and the chance to still enjoy 3 ww Thom!
and to all my blogging buddies...
Won't you also take a look at 3ww?
We are trying to build it up, it's a lot of fun..
hope you will consider giving it a go! Thanks!