Saturday, July 11, 2009

Paradiso

The Dogs desperately need a groomer
They smell like last weeks Sea Bass
The Vacuum has no zoomer
The Old Mower won't cut grass
The washer isn't draining right
Dirty soapy water fills up our sinks
I'm really trying to keep my chin upright
But Now the cesspool's starting to stink!

The Bricks in the steps are Frickin' Breakin'
The Bricks in the chimney- ready to collapse
Yet the Bank accounts been plenty achin'
While the Utility Bills have all lapsed
But the hot tub keeps on heating
As we try to soak our worries away
And the family requires daily eating
as if everything is just A-Okay
They've grown sick of old surprise dinner Pie
dreaming of something hearty,familiar and meaty
Me? I'm dreaming of saving myself and am wishing to just fly
Indulging in a one way ticket to freakin' Shangri-La Tahiti




sundayscribblings

14 comments:

George S Batty said...

this sounds like my youth. don't do anything or worry about anything. Smoke another joint and the world will be alright. didn't work for me

Dee Martin said...

I think we can all relate to that LOL Tahiti here I come!

Sherri B. said...

Your lighthearted humor is great...I really enjoyed that you turned a heavy subject matter into something that could be laughed at. Great read, and very cleverly done!

Granny Smith said...

This deserves publication somewhere! It captures the daily frustrations and the dream of indulgence that we all have.

XOXO

Tumblewords: said...

I'd love to indulge in the Shangri-La escape! Enjoyed reading this piece!

gautami tripathy said...

A dreamy post!

that thin line

Bone said...

You, Miss Lucy, are frickin' hilarious. The family requires daily eating??? lol How dare they!

anthonynorth said...

As long as the humour stays, we get through.

paisley said...

oh lucy,, this is totally you.. i loved it!!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

it sounds like you've been to my house. well I'm going to Punta Cana in my dream world. meanwhile wash the dog.

Giggles said...

Hahaha!! Bindare dundat!! Oh my goodness... I can so relate....now that I can repair things I have a hard time relinquishing the money!! Time to get the boys involved...you have four adults living there no? Very well done Lucy..... So sorry things are rough right now!! They will get better...I promise!

Love Giggles

JP/deb said...

Tahiti here we come!!

Clever, as ever.

Peace & love,
JP/deb

John E. Tran said...

A tragically funny read, that speaks to the current reality! A great read.

Forgetfulone said...

I love this Lucy! Great job!