Friday, February 22, 2008

♥Chocolate Passion Cake♥


Overall I think I'm a pretty passionate person. I have a fervent passion for my family. I have an enthusiastic passion for my friends,pets, music, work,(shoes!) and just life in general! .... But what I want to share with my Sunday Scribblings friends is my extraordinary passion for FOOD, especially if that food is Chocolate! I want to share my passion for chocolate with y♥u! However, you need to help me share my passion, by doing a little bit of (Very easy) baking... The reward will certainly be worth your while! Here in NY, We are having quite a snow storm today. To me SNOW=BAKING. Nothing better than coming inside after some serious shoveling, to find a cup of hot chocolate and a BIG hunk of what l have appropriately named - Chocolate Passion cake! :)) (mind you, I never DO the serious shoveling, my husband and boys insist they do it without my help, BUT I do a little serious waving at them out the window and I am serious about always having the snacks all ready! )

You need- a Bundt pan
1 box of Duncan Hines Choc. cake mix
1 box of instant choc. pudding mix
8 oz. of sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup of oil
3/4 cup of water
1 cup of choc. chips (save till end of mixing)

Mix all ingredients (except chips) together
beat for 2 minutes. Fold in choc. chips
pour into greased bundt pan
bake for about 50 minutes at 325 (dark pans)
check with toothpick, but don't insert in a chip!

Let cool for 10 min.( my bundt PAN came with adamant directions that it shouldn't cool a minute longer!)
invert cake onto a nice serving dish
let cool completely and sprinkle with
powdered sugar. IT is SO Delicious, hope it makes your mouth and senses passionately aroused! ♥

<-- this is a picture of the cake cooing, I really like this new bundt pan I got at Costco


Ta Da! Here it is all d♥ne ->
I just learned how to make these hearts, maybe I over used them a bit!!



Instead of serious shoveling, I also enjoyed some serious soaking looking at the beautiful snow!

26 comments:

daisies said...

oh my gosh ... how decadent, how beautiful, how yummy ... i'll be there in five, tee hee ;)

myrtle beached whale said...

Well, back to the drawing board. You not only stole my passion for food idea, you stole my recipe. LOL

Javacurls said...

Save me a slice! lol!! I'm a huge chocolate lover!! And like you I love to bake when it's cold outside. Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to try it out on the next blistery cold day. :)

Little Wing said...

Oh that cake is a first prize winner!
Life would not be worth living without chocolate!!!
Oh the passion I feel, looking at that cake!!!!!!!!!

Devil Mood said...

Oh my! It's not snowing norcold over here but guess what? I'd eat a slice of that with hot chocolate no matter what! yum!

I thought only norwegians did crazy things like bathe while it's freezing outside ;)

Awareness said...

that looks and sounds great.....i'm going to a slumber party tomorrow night....middle aged mommas only. I was thinking of making something rich and chocolatey to take over...maybe i'll attempt this recipe.

passion thrives!

Jane said...

Hi there Lucy!

I'm definitely making that cake! Maybe I could toss up a little salad and have the cake as the main course :)))

giggles said...

OH YUM " says my big bum!

Hugs Sherrie

Cute picture in the hot tub. I remember when we had one and my hair froze into icicles because we sat in there too long!!

Hugs Sherrie

UL said...

hey...that looks scrumptious...what a bummer that I am allergic to coco!!! Nope I am not lying!!

latree said...

you surely have shared your passion in choc by making me want some.
but I'm no baking girl, I guess I'll just go out and buy some brownies...

Redness said...

You are one delectable treat! A scrumptious recipe and what about you in that tub??? Fantabulous post ... passion and it's best ;) Yayyyyy!!!

Just Jen said...

I'll be right over! chocolate and a jacuzzi! Every woman's dream!

gautami tripathy said...

Yummy passion!

chequered shadows

paisley said...

excellent post... wonderful sounding recipe!! but "fat ass" over here would just eat the whole thing... so i think i'll refrain from trying it... and lucy please email me and tell me how you make those hearts.....

texasblu said...

Looks so yummy, wish I could have a bite. I'm allergic to dairy and chocolate, so it's out for me, but maybe I'll pass the recipe onto my kids - they'd LOVE it! :)

colleen said...

Looks like the cake is sprinkled with snow.

Redness said...

Blossom May said to tell you she's ecstatic I gave her a second chance <^..^> ... plus I changed that wording ;)

Goodnight, Mom said...

Oh my gosh, SNOW = BAKING for me, too! Baking, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. All those things are what I think of immediately when it starts snowing. Of course, I live in Dallas now so there isn't much snow. :)

~Michelle~ said...

Oh my! Thanks for sharing the recipe, sounds like it will go perfectly with a cup of yummy coffee. Seriously, I need to make this cake...

Deirdre said...

Oh, yum. It's raining here too, quite a storm, and I've got a baking bug too. Unfortunately, no hot tub. Have a great day.

thetonguetiedmuse said...

Super post! That cake looks so yummy! Wish I was eating cake these days.

keith hillman said...

Now that is serious passion!Chocolate - the elixer of life!

Jane Poe (aka Deborah) said...

Yum, Yum, Yum Lucy!!! Thanks for sharing ... I'm going to be whipping up one of these soon. Chocolate is fabulous! xx, JP/deb

tumblewords said...

I heart your hearts! I've been using them, too! The cake is luscious looking but sitting in the hot tub is the part I could be passionate about! Nice post!

amarettogirl said...

I lust after chocolate too! great post and thank you so much for the recipe ----and I am oh so envious of that hot tub!!!!

spider said...

Move over Ms. Lucy, your hot tub looks too good to pass up!!