Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Carry On Tuesday!

I am so happy to participate in the first week Of Carry on tuesday! My sweet, dear friend Keith from Keiths ramblings created this brilliant prompt site for us Bloggers, and I am so Happy he did!
Hope u will pop in and visit, or better yet... join in!
Todays prompt is the opening line of 'A Walk After Dark' by W. H. Auden
Sorry Keith.. this is all I could come up with, but I just HAD to contribute on your first week!!


A cloudless night like this

can set the spirit soaring

Inspiring a sleepy, mischievous wife

To rid herself of her husbands snoring

She tiptoes towards his favorite chair

where he is.. snorting? whistling? blowing a horN?!

She stealthily rolls him to their outside deck

And leaves him out there till the early morn!













9 comments:

keith said...

Oh Lucy, this is so 'you'! A wonderful little piece. Thanks so much for your support x

paisley said...

and he was in a complete state of shock i would suppose when he woke up out there......

Gill said...

I loved this Lucy! Put a smile on my face at the end of a loooong and frustrating day, thanks!

Missy said...

LOL this is absolutely hilarious and fun. Loved it!! Can't wait till your next now.

lissa said...

fun take! maybe he'll enjoy sleeping outside

Giggles said...

I got a real kick out of this one!!

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah, this was fun!!!

gautami tripathy said...

LOL! He deserves it!

changing orbits

forgetfulone said...

Ha! Very funny! You did a great job.