Sunday, May 17, 2009

Jeepers Creepers



jeepers creepers
I am haunted by your peepers
left inside your decapitated head
discarded like trash in a sparse flower bed
Little baby bunny your young life sure ended crummy
you went from One day..hippety hoppin' through the 'hood
to the next day... Cosmo thinking...'mmm finger lickin good.'
I apologize for the actions of my beastly schnoodle
although it must have been a cat that took your kaboodle
Gruesome nightly nightmares of you have me excessively affected
When I close my tired eyes I see your brown eyes in a head...
disconnected

Not sure if this poem tells the story clearly.
but one day.. I saw my dog Cosmo so distracted by something in our yard
he wouldn't come to me but kept trying to lick or eat something..
I know! It is so disturbing..
I was shocked and quite horrified to discover a tiny baby bunny head.
Since there wasn't any blood on cosmo or Anywhere.. I had to assume
he was not the murderer. I had an unusually difficult time with this entire
episode.
Sorry to pass this haunting image on to you but I am hoping that 'letting it go'
by writing about it, may finally help me let these nightmares disappear.

13 comments:

paisley said...

my little inga turned out to be a mouser.. thank god as i have had five cats,, still have three of them and none of them seem to give a hoot about a mouse or a rat...


but i know how you must have felt.. a bunny is a whole different story.... unless they have been nibbling on my garden... and they have not...

Penny said...

Oh I can understand why that disturbed you. Though I have to say really good use of the prompt!

Fortunately my dog has never done anything like this (not that he would be able too lol!) - but it might not have been Cosmo. What a shock for you!

AD said...

:(

http://whenhekissesher.wordpress.com/2009/05/16/disconnected/

anthonynorth said...

Not a nice thing to happen. You did right to write about it.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Okay, I was hoping for a smile or a chuckle and this wasn't it. gee

Tumblewords: said...

Ouch! That's one big disconnect! Ouch! Ouch!

Missy said...

I had a squirrel commit suicide under my car wheel and it made me so sick, I had to go home.

I had swerved to avoid it, but the silly thing changed it's mind and ran under my wheels

My son hasn't let me live it down either.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looking forward to reading your Carry On Tuesday offerings as well.

forgetfulone said...

You did a great job with jeepers creepers!

Bone said...

:( I love bunnies.

I saw a little squirrel get hit by an 18-wheeler yesterday. He dodged like the first ten wheels :-/

Ally said...

We had a similar thing happen here in the neighborhood. Only it was a baby deer head that was by the side of the street. Very icky. My husband took a shovel, picked it up and took it to a ravine where he tossed it out of sight. It still creeps me out when I walk by where it was.

Patois said...

Ick. I hope you brushed Cosmo's teeth.

And I hope by foisting this onto all of us, you've gained some peace. ;)

Tammy said...

POETRY :D Dead baby bunnies :( LOL

Giggles said...

Oh darn this is where I turn off the tv..... so sad....I just can't watch anything or hear anything about animals being hurt....I'm a wimp I know!! Cute how you told the story though!

Hugs Giggles