Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thurs.13 QUOTES (#14)

Every Morning I do my local papers Cryptoquote puzzle. But Here are
13 cryptoquote solutions from a favorite cryptogram book that I've solved and enjoyed reading.

1. When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before- Mae West
2. I moved to NY for my health, I'm paranoid and NY was the only place my fears were justified- Anita Weiss
3.The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day you're off it.- Jackie Gleason
4.Children have never been very good at listening to-their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them-James Baldwin
5.Know yourself. Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.-Ann Landers
6.Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.-Phyllis Diller
7.We can't all be heros because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.-Will Rogers
8.I'd like to come back as an oyster. Then I'd only have to be good from September until April.-Gracie Allen
9.I figure when my husband comes home from work, if the kids are still alive, then I've done my job.-Roseanne
10.When you reach for the stars,you may not quite get one,but you won't come up with a handful of mud either-Leo Burnett
11.Okay, so god made man first, but doesn't everyone make a rough draft before they make a masterpiece?-Courtney Huston
12.The advantage of having a bad memory is that, several times over, one enjoys the same good things for the first time.-Friedrich Nietzsche

13. I was so sad to hear of George Carlins passing. In his loving memory, One of my favorite George Carlin Quotes-
When driving, anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anybody going faster than you is a moron!


Visit Thurs.13 for more!

5 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

Luuuuu-Cyyyyyy- I'm hoooo-oooome. I've always wanted to say that! We're back from vacation, and my T13 is about our trip to Arizona. I loved your quotes, especially the George Carlin one. So, true, isn't it?
Diana

Anonymous said...

I especially like the Jackie Gleason and Ann Landers ones. I did a lost of quotes by Billy Collins this week. In a way he's like George Carlin, smart AND funny. Right now my 13 playlist is playing.

SandyCarlson said...

These are great. I guess Nietzsche had a sense of humor! Thanks for stopping by.

Suzie Bee said...

Thanks for the comment on my Sunday Scribblings post! I promise that if it ever happens, I'll let you know :)

Anonymous said...

mae west... dang she rocks!!!.. cryptograms... scary...