Thursday, January 15, 2009

Interview me!

I really enjoyed reading the answers to the interview questions my buddy Giggles was given on her blog. Since I am in a blogging lull and since I adore giggles, I decided to play the game and asked her to "interview me". Here are the basic rules...

**Let me know if you'd like to play along and I'll send you some questions!
1. Leave a comment saying Interview me. 2.If you want to keep your email address private, email me your request to interview you (lucypetals@ymail.com) 3. I will email you 5 questions. I get to pick the questions. 4. You can answer the questions on your blog. 5. post rules on your blog with an offer to interview anyone else who emails you wanting to be interviewed. 6. Anyone wishing to be interviewed should be sent 5 questions on their blog. 7. It would be nice if the questions were individualized for each blogger.
** here are the questions giggles sent me and my answers.. (THAnKs Giggles!)

1)What was your best memory as a child and why?
Hmmm, I must admit, I had to skip this one till last and I am still having a difficult time with it. well #5's answer is definitely a best memory. i loved doing that! I guess another best memory was sleeping over my best friend Linda's house EVERY single weekend!


2)What are some of your biggest regrets in life and why?
Okay Oprah, are u trying to make me cry? My greatest regret is goofing off in high school and Not going on to college. I would get up each morning and GO to school but Not sign in to homeroom. I then hung out all day, flirting and socializing and sometimes I would show up to a class i enjoyed. But, by being declared 'absent' I never got caught and penalized, instead I penalized myself with the remorse of being so damn foolish. I really believe I could have set myself up for a much more successful life, had I taken education as seriously as I do now.

3)Other than a writer, and the profession you're in now what other career choice would you have liked to explore?
As much as it would have been a real 'stretch' and I am sure a dead end road, i often wished ( or is it, "I often regreted" which then should be put into quest. #2) I would have explored a dancing career. Being such a shrimp, it was discouraged. But look at
Kristen Chenoweth When I saw her on Broadway in Wicked and she stood only 4'11" tall , I thought.. Damn it!I am an inch taller! ( although if like her, you can sing and act too, maybe height isn't discriminated against)

4)What are your favorite chores and your least favorite and why?
because it is my favorite chore, I don't consider it a chore at all.
I love cooking great dinners for my family, maybe it's my italian heritage but to me I show my love with food! I enjoy us all sitting down together and everyone being comforted by their long time favorite meals. Least favorite chore?.. EVERYTHING else! why? because i have just become so tired and bored of housework, food shopping and errands!


5)What was your favorite thing to do as a child, include toys or events.
I guess my favorite thing to do as a child was playing out doors ALL day with all the kids on the block.
From morning till night, we ran around, pretending, playing hop scotch, biking, exploring and never wanting to go home. With all the indoor things kids today have at their disposal, I wonder if they feel like I did? The toys I did own and have vivid memories enjoying were my dawn dolls. I loved creating furniture for them and building them rooms to live in. I wish I would have saved one Dawn doll as a keepsake. Foolishly, when i felt too big for my dolls i gave them all to my cousins 4 year old daughter.


Thanks so much for asking me these poignant, thoughtful questions Sherrie.
You've driven me to mix up a nice afternoon bloody mary! haha
Hope to interview some of my faithful readers. xo


9 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Ah, this is too cool - love #5. It sure resonates with me. And cooking. I think I'll come to your place for dinner...

Mel said...

I am seriously tempted to allow you to interview but I am not a hectically *deep* thinker so am intensely nervous .... but life is short so lets give it a go!!!

Melody@global.co.za

Giggles said...

Impressive even more things we have in common!! Food is love!!! You're so right....where the heck did we get that nonsense from??? Thanks for playing along!

Hugs Giggles

Unknown said...

Hey, stopping by your blog,and I must say, I LOVE your header and your look!

Bone said...

I like these interviews. I've read them on a few blogs now.

Don't beat yourself up over regrets. It's very easy for me to start playing the regret game. But it leads to nowhere. There's no such thing as what might have been.

Aww, my Mom and my sis are both like 5'1".

Gill said...

Nice to see two other South African bloggers commenting here!! You've got a South African following Luce ;-)

I'm up for this - can you send me some questions??

gillandgrant@telkomsa.net

(missed visiting you daily, but now that my life is relatively back to normal I'll be popping in much more frequently)

Gill said...

Thanks Lucy, mine is up!

Patois42 said...

Some excellent answers to some very good questions.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I love getting to know a bit more of you as the time passes. so you were a social butterfly in school. who knew?