Saturday, March 17, 2007

Inspirations



When I read Sundayscribblings prompt many things came to mind, but I decided to write about some inspirations in dieting.
If you have followed my posts you know I am on weight watchers (again). This time around I have been inspired by a few great tips I've been taught. First off it's helpful to have some great low point foods around. My inspirations lately have been Kashi ranch crackers. These little babies are inspiring me NOT to eat chips. 15 crackers = 2 pts. If I sit with a bowl of 30 of these tasty, crunchy treats( and eat slowly,) they really help my salt craving. Another Inspiring but impossible to find must have are the new hostess 100 calorie cupcakes! 3 tiny sugar-craving- satisfying cupcakes = ONE point! They are missing the white squiggly line on top, but other than that they are the same yummy ones we nourished ourselves with and got our sugar high from during childhood. A cup of tea midday with 3 of these is all an inspiration seeking mom needs. Speaking of tea, Tea has been my new cookie. Instead of popping oreos and chips ahoy as I run through my day, I now take the time to sit and savor some of my favorite teas. ( Tzao's Zen is a must try!) At lunch time I never feel I can find a low point yummy meal. Until recently- Amy's frozen shepherd pie is only 3 points and with a bag of veggies on the side, it is satisfying and inspires me to keep on watching those cals! I sound like a food infomercial, no?
Finally the mother lode of inspiration has come from Mr. Tony Little! Yes, that long haired, over the top, wacky Gazelle guy!
My husbands orthopedist suggested a no-impact exercise for his bad knee and actually mentioned the gazelle. So we ordered it off tv. At first I thought, Geez this is doing nothing. The only thing that was sore, were my calves. I thought I would end up looking like popeye. But, I have to admit, watching Tonys dvd while gazelling is quite motivating. He shouts " You Can DO iiiiitttttt!!" many times and says things like " Losers let it happen, winners make it happen". After doing this workout for a week, I do feel like it is not only giving me tight calves, but it's helping the obliques, the butt and even the abs. Most importantly it's giving me the inspiration to get moving in other ways too. After 20 min. a day on this swinging, metal monstrosity - I'm inspired to do well on weight watchers and feel good all day.

14 comments:

Regina said...

That was a very inspirig post, Lucy! Even though I don't have a weight issue, I still find myself not eating very healthy sometimes. I love the little cheddar crackers from Kashi- they go great with red pepper tomato soup!
And I am glad that gazelle thing works- it looks so fun to do actually!

Liza on Maui said...

No you inspired me to eat healthy...I'll try some of those that you recommended (or are using). thank you.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Your inspirations speak of a valuable open-mindedness, Lucy. Alternate ways of exploring or enjoying something and still getting the desired results.
Good luck with it all. :-)

bonggamom said...

Thank you, thank you for this post! It's always great to find tips to help us struggling dieters with food cravings :)

gautami tripathy said...

Thanks for this so different post! I think I need those tips. I need to lose weight now that winters are over.

gautami
Fillip

Giggles said...

Awesome post! Great inspiration for those weaknesses that plague the dieter! Keep us posted on your journey. I definitely need to climb on board your train!
Goog luck to you
Giggles

paris parfait said...

Wow! Who knew that cupcakes were allowed in this program? It's so important that dieters don't feel totally deprived of certain things, otherwise binges occur. I know, because I'm always struggling with trying to lose more weight. Glad the program is working so well for you.

Patois42 said...

Your dedication is inspiring. Thanks for sharing your tips. I'll have to remember to look for the cupcakes. Don't know if I could take Tony Little, though.

Anonymous said...

you go, girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy,
Boy, thanks for the Kashi crackers tip. 15-2pts is a whole lot better than my usual Triscuits at 6=2pts.

For me, when I'm counting pts as I am NOW, I LOVE having Luigi's Lemon Ice in the house. 1 containter=2pts and it takes me a long, satisfying, while to eat it.

Lucy said...

thanks for all the nice comments guys!

Kimberley McGill said...

You are inspiring me as I continue on the losing weight road! and I am going on a cup cake hunt NOW

Faith said...

I have been trying (I use that word very lightly) to eat better and have been thinking that it's about time I start to exercise but it's hard...Now that I've read about your inspiration though I think I will TRY harder.

Thank You :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow. You've got a great bunch of inspiration there. I did not know about these little hostess cupcakes. Must find them and be inspired like you!