Thursday, August 23, 2007

GREAT scumBALLS OF FIRE


If you remember in my vacation post, I talked about the problems we were having with our new hot tub. Well trouble seems to come in multiples. After the repairman fixed our leak and we finally got to soak and relax, We started having a huge problem with foam. We had more suds than a tub full of Mr. Bubbles. It was fun to make funny hair sculptures on my head, but it felt freaky. I've never been in a sudsy hot tub before. My husband( Mr. HOT stuff) went to the pool store and bought a chemical called suds away( or something like that). This product not only made us have more suds it also made the tub feel slimy! If that wasn't enough it left me with a rash all down my legs! I've been using cortisone on my legs and waiting till it goes away before I will go back in. In the mean time Mr. Hot stuff has emptied it and re-filled it to rid it of the De-sudser.
My son, who couldn't believe the amount of suds in our tub last week, went to his friends house to go in his "crystal clear"hot tub. When he returned home he informed us that his friends parents use a "scumball' to collect foam and body oils. Today, I was on a Scumball quest. I called the first store " EXcuse me do you have scumballs?" She hung up on me. I tried calling another hot tub store. " Hi, I'm trying to find Scumballs" WHATTTT?? I tried explaining myself, it wasn't easy.
I'm telling you, With all the stores and shopping centers I run around to in a week, trying to do all my errands, I have run into my fair share of scumballs. BUT! When you really need a scumball there are none to be found! I finally went in to Leslie's pool store and without taking a chance of some idiot standing next to me and shouting " HOW MUCH FOR THE SCUMBALL?" I searched the shelves, found the Balls ( figures they come in pairs), didn't care that they had no price-tag, and very inconspicuously paid for and hauled my balls out of there.
Apparently, you are suppose to let a ball float around and it collects oils, foam, dirt and are you ready for this HAiRS! ( don't you want to run right out and jump in someone's hot tub!?) How gross does this sound? My son said while he was in his friends tub, this dirty little brown slime ball of germs just floated around him! ( my words not his) I'm starting to re-think this whole hot tub idea. ( Mr. Hot stuff is going to clobber my sudsy, fickle head) With my history of sensitivity to EVERYTHING- I have a feeling if I want to frequently soak in relaxing hot water, I better not only stock up on scumballs and cortisone, but on some monistat too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

BUT! When you really need a scumball there are none to be found!

lol here. Good line.

Sorry about your problems. I never knew about the downside to having a hot tub. Now I do.

~Michelle~ said...

Now you can relax and really enjoy your soak!!!

Tammy Brierly said...

OMG LMAO Priceless post! Scumballs, cortizon and monistat would keep me out of a hot tub FOREVER!

Anonymous said...

ANNA SAID..........

YOU ARE A RIOT.........THIS STORY IS MUCH TOO FUNNY.

Giggles said...

Hahaha I detect a slight bit of O.C.D! I dare not let Pepper read this post, she may never sit in water again! Laugh out loud funny post Ms. Lucy lulu! Hey did you know I was married to a scumball once....or was that a scum bag....oh there's another post for ya! It's a least in the SCUM family! Pretty ewwwy gooey!

Hugs Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Eeee! The whole hairs on the Scumball thingy is a hair-raiser in and of itself. Again, Ms. Lucy, you caused several laugh-out-louds as I followed your scumball journey. YOU are a talented writer and superb story-teller.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lu-

Funny story. You are a great writer and story teller. Your life is filled with great material but this one is a classic. Thanks for sharing it.

daisies said...

hee hee ... scumballs!! that cracked me up ~ i soooo want a hottub as i have visions of steaming outside while the snow swirls around me but after reading this, i may have to rethink, lol ...