Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm going Home

(volume up, if you'd like to hear related music)




My solace is my home. No matter where I've been in my life, Home's the place I can't wait to get back to.
No matter how comfortable I am in someone's else's home, Walking into my own, always makes me take that cleansing breath and feel immediately more at ease. Maybe that is why I am a little bit of a 'homebody'. I'd choose relaxing on my messy cushioned couch, with my family, a good book,music, movie, notebook or board game over many much more exciting activities away. Part of the reason I find such solace in my home is because my loved ones live here too. My husband, my 3 sons and my 2 dogs. They are all a makeup of what my home means to me. My sweet husband has frequently melted me when he tells me that his drives home from work are so frustrating, because he too has such a strong desire to get home to our home quickly, he just can't wait to walk in the door and see everyone and be back in his solace haven.
Of course we all need some solace away from our loved ones too. On beautiful days, which lately we've had many of, I find that solace in my solitude outside in my backyard. The peaceful surroundings of tall trees which block out my neighbors yards, and the beauty of many different flowers, birds and butterflies
( can u see one in the righthand picture?).... allow me to get in tune with my inner thoughts, feelings and memories.
What a sweet word "home" is. It has always been a Word that brings my heart instant warmth. From my favorite line at the end of the wizard of oz- "There's no place like home" to Broadway's Beauty, Belle singing "my hearts far, far away, home is too". Remember when Diana Ross sang "When I think of home I think of a place with love overflowing."? That old song really moved me too. I feel, If You're lucky enough to have love overflowing at your home, how could it not be a soothing retreat, a peaceful harbor, Your sanctuary for ultimate solace.
here are some pictures of my outdoor retreat.



(even my pets like my happy place!)

To find more solace.. hop over here

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too. I love being at home. And my husband says the same thing about getting home to solace!

And what a pretty home you have, btw.

Giggles said...

Lucy I could have written this verbatim! Seriously I feel the same! Home should always be a soft place to fall and the reason why I make sure it's a happy place for all who visit!
Well done! I love my home!

Hugs Sherrie

Forgetfulone said...

Good job, Lucy! The picture at the top is beautiful. Is that your home? I love your "happy place." I think I could be happy there, too. Well, with air conditioning!

Granny Smith said...

What a lovely private backyard! And how cute the doggies are taking up the seat that was obviously intended for you! I see why you take comfort in home and family.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Think about it, if we all put our comfy homes together we would have one relaxing, comforting place to fall, maybe a new trend in a resort.

gautami tripathy said...

I too like being and home. Reading, listening to musi or just pottering around.

Entertain me, will you?

Devil Mood said...

I'm a homebody myself. There's nothing like home, our things, our family, our corners. And also time to be alone is essential :)
By the way, i've replied to your astrology questions in my blog, hope you received it.

Is that your house on top? That's lovely :)

JP/deb said...

Home is where the heart (and solace) is! Great post, Lucy. xx, JP/deb

danni said...

lucy - such a sweet and gentle post - i too have always been a homebody, a loner content with solitude and love - sometimes i just resent it so much when i have to go out on a day that i just want to be safe and warm at home!!!

GreenishLady said...

I too love my home, but unlike you, I live alone. My home is a haven for me, though, and that was tested just a couple of days ago, when I returned home for the first time after the death of my mother, and I found that yes, much as I'd loved being with my family, I now needed to be here, in my place. It's a good feeling to be home, and I'm doubly blessed that I can feel that way "back home" too. Your home looks lovely... I think I could make myself quite at home there too!

Anonymous said...

Living alone, my home can be a lonely place. No, I find solace outside my home - as you know having read my piece!

Patois42 said...

What a happy, happy post, and how lucky and blessed you are to have the solace of home.

Anonymous said...

Your sanctuary is indeed beautiful, I can see why you find solace there. A beautifully written SS, I love hearing how much your happy home means to you!

Mine is up too:
http://bellamocha.wordpress.com/2008/07/27/sunday-scribblings-solace/

Bella:)

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, Lucy! This sounds like paradise! Looks like it, too! Happy words and thoughts - a pleasure to read!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Lucy. Your love of home and sense of place comes through beautifully in this piece. I especially liked the photo (including cat and dog peacefully together). We're traveling now, so my sense of home comes from my writing, a sewing machine that travels with me (most of the time), and the ability to go on adventures with my husband. Is a sense of home portable? So far, yes. But when our traveling days are at an end, I'm also looking forward to being in one place again, as you have done so well.

aMus said...

that sure likes a place to come home to...love the dogs resting there...


the more i read, teh more realise how i had not really thought this prompt through...