Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stressed O U T

TheThree word wednesday words are-
history
narrow
spent



If I look back on the history of my adult life
It seems I've spent a wide amount of time
stressing over too many worries.
The big worries, like the health of my children and
my husband and my family and friends.
Or the smaller ones, like How do I pay these $#@* bills?
The stressFREE moments ARE there,
but it seems for only a narrow margin of the time.
Lately we are going through a series of stresses,
I keep telling myself, I've handled so many problems in
my lifetime, I CAN handle these too. Some days it's easier to convince
yourself. Some days it's just hopelessly impossible.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good explanation of the bane of modern life.

Rose

xo

anthonynorth said...

A fine, soul-searching poem. I think, often, we're geared to be stressed out.
I try to avoid it as much as possible.

TC said...

You've hit the nail on the head, Miss Lucy. It's one thing to recognize the stress, but it's not always easy to kick it.

Anonymous said...

I loved this- I felt as if you had read my mind! This is exactly how i feel on so many days.....great use of the 3 words- thanks!!

Mine is up at:
http://bellamocha.wordpress.com/2008/07/16/three-word-wednesday-xcv/

Tumblewords: said...

Indeed - impossible. I can truly relate to this and see it being played out in many places. Good luck!

Forgetfulone said...

Great job with 3WW!

Exericse - I went to the gym this morning. Hadn't been in a couple of weeks, maybe only ten days. I am in such worse shape now than I was three-five years ago.

And socialization. I have so little time for socializing with people in my age group, just having fun.

So far, that's all I've come up with. more later! Hugs!

Daily Panic said...

very good use of three words to vent!! I wish I didn't know the word STRESS, but I know it and feel it about a hundred times a day.
I like to yell at folks at work they are driving me to drinking and some days I bring in a wine glass to drink my coca-cola out of to get them in a tizzy.I couldn't operate drinking :) hahaha!

Tammy Brierly said...

I'm a worrier too Lucy but take comfort in the fact you have always landed on your feet. I have faith in you girl!

BTW Do you watch "Shear Genius" on Bravo?

HUGS

Anonymous said...

yes, it is that way somedays...

b+ (Retire In Style Blog) said...

You will be fine...don't worry about what has not yet happened. We should only worry once about trouble.

b

PJD said...

I have nothing new to add to the comments since we all can identify with what you've written. Just wanted to de-lurk.