Wednesday, July 23, 2008

yulk!

TheThree word wednesday words are-

avoid
class
sticky

Early one morning I awoke to a sticky situation
A foul toxic smell caused me to avoid inhalation
An inch of dirty water in my salon is what I found
The Cesspool had backed up and erupted to higher ground
Ruining carpets, furniture, decorations and walls
frantically I woke and evacuated my family then made phone calls
to cesspool pumpers, insurance men & restoration crews
(Who surprisingly DIDN'T arrive clad in biohazard suits!)
A few young dudes in gloves, T-shirts and only shorts to cover their booties
Spent 6 long hours ripping rugs,cleaning puddles and contaminated doodie!
They left large bulky dryers & sanitizers buzzing for nearly a week
So, No work for me which sent my finances Literally up shits creek!
I guess There was no way for me to tell my funky sewage story without sounding quite crass
But with it's necessary renovations, I hope at least my new salon will have a bit more class

12 comments:

PJD said...

Ay, ay, ay! Dreadful. Of all the household disasters, raw sewage spewed around is right near the top of my "least desirable" list.

Forgetfulone said...

Those words were perfect for you! I like your poem. And I sure hope that things are going much better now.

Gill said...

LOL! You did a great job with an icky subject.

gautami tripathy said...

Perfectly told. I know how it feels!

Practice makes pleasure profitable

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love how you creatively dealt with a rather gross subject! Fun read! But in seriousness, you did a great job keeping your sanity in such a situation!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Sewage always makes it easier to appreciate a good day.

TC said...

Those words seem perfect for your situation!

Sorry you had such a bad time on your hands :(

A few young dudes in gloves, T-shirts and only shorts to cover their booties

Pictures? O:)

anthonynorth said...

I've recently had drainage problems, but not that bad.
I sympathise.

Anonymous said...

I can imagine. Sorry and it wasn't crass :)

daisies said...

eek ... how horrible!! i would have lost it!! and you turn it into art :) xo

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, no! What a horrible mess....but you did well with the writing!! Hope all is well, now...

b+ (Retire In Style Blog) said...

See what I am thinking is you just don't deserve to have a story that fits the prompts so beautifully. And the fact that you finances went up s__ creek is just such a wonderful play on words.

Sorry...I hope your new salon is beautiful

b