Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins #89

1. I enjoy foot rubs of any kind .

2. How the hell will I ever afford retirement? is something I wonder about often lately.

3. In your heart, you knew I could never stay mad at you .

4. Take 1 cup of love , add a little sprinkle of luck and you end up with 3 kids, a mortgage,bills,stress, no retirement!.

5. Life has gifted me with the above 3 healthy children.

6. a hot tub soak followed by above mentioned foot rub.. is an instant vacation.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a quiet movie night , tomorrow my plans include working my butt off and Sunday, I want to make a paint decision and go buy the materials, maybe some dinner out ! friday fillin

I can't believe it's friday already. This week like so many lately, has just flown by!
I have to work today and tomorrow, but ahhh Sunday! My favorite day of the week. I have been enjoying really taking it easy on Sundays. I was all set with my Kayak yellow paint choice by Ralph Lauren, but Now, since I've had too much time staring at the sample chip, I think it's too bright.
I need GOLD! but why is gold such a difficult color to find? Out of the zillions of Benjamin Moore samples that I have, NoT one is floating my fussy boat. So I plan on really really making a final decision on Sunday.( i hope ) I wish i would have taken 'before' pics of my salon. You won't appreciate how beautiful My husbands work is without the befores. I probably have some photos that I can crop to show the countertop before and after. I will try to remember to work on this, and when the gold is up there I will reveal the hard work he has done. I don't know if I've ever written about his former profession? Faux Artist. His work is just astonishing. He can take an ordinary desk ( like the one I am sitting at )That was so old and broken and marred! I thought it was ready for the garbage! and He can turn it into a marble topped masterpiece! LIke That! (snap finger)
Look at this-
This beautiful 'marble' top?? shhh! it's not really marble, He just painted the wood to appear that way. He reinforced it, Refinished the bottom, bought new handles.. and this desk that I had wanted to discard is one of my favorite pieces in our home. So you can see why I am so excited about my new salon and choosing carefully to enhance his creative work! stay tuned for the big reveal coming soon! :)

9 comments:

Gill said...

I'm thinking about doing Friday fill-ins, need something that doesn't require TOO much thought to post on a Friday...usually by Fri I am brain-dead.

You married good! That man is too, too clever!

paisley said...

luc,,

that desk is a treasure!!! your husband is an artist too??? i dont know if i can take any more truth out of you two...

can you post about some of the really disgusting things he does to make me feel better???????

threesidesofcrazy said...

WHOA - that 'marble' turned out gorgeous! Great fill-ins! Foot rubs - yum!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

love the number 4

Janet said...

What a great job he did restoring that desk! Have fun this weekend, and thanks for playing :-)

Goldfish Diaries said...

You can see that he takes a lot of pride in his work and that it is done with a ton of love, too. I hope you find the perfect colour.

Forgetfulone said...

Hubby is talented! And, since you're in the "looking good" business, I bet you are pretty creative, too. So, I have no doubt you'll choose just the right color for the salon.

Loved your fill-ins. You seem to have retirement on your mind, huh? I don't know why, but I thought you had two kids, and now I find out you have three. My kids are my treasure, too.

Tammy Brierly said...

WOW! I'd swear that was marble. The man's an artist!


I had my daughter, hubby and two grandpups all weekend. They brought coffee...yay! XXOO

Giggles said...

Beauty that desk, looks very luxurious! Can't wait to see the finished shop!

Hugs Giggles