Monday, September 29, 2008

Justice for Lucy

I Did it! And it felt so good! http://www.girlscookgames.com/games/images/631_ped.jpg
Remember my
eyebrow
story?
It's been a few weeks but I NEEDED retribution.
For two reasons, First I really like that nail salon
and also to clear the air and let the owner know I felt
she was unjust in her charging me for the
botched job! So today, before i went in for
a manicure, I called and I said the following.
"Hi Sara, I need to talk to you. I would still like to continue coming to your salon,
as a matter of fact, I would like to come in for a manicure today, but I have
to tell you I think It was totally unfair that you charged me for
my eyebrow waxing when I am so unhappy with them. It was difficult
to express my dissatisfaction because of how emotional Kim was but From one
business woman to another Sara, I think you should give me a credit".
She was so nice and said 'I am so sorry, Yes, after you left,
I realized I shouldn't havecharged you" Come in, please come
in I will take off the money".
Well, When I went in, instead of taking the $8 off of my $10. manicure
She instead insisted I accept a gift certificate for a free pedicure.
(which is valued at $22.) She hugged me and apologized again
and The visit was pleasant and comfortable. WHo Said confrontation
is difficult?? was that me? It felt so good to be assertive and stand up
for an injustice. (It WAS also helpful that emotional Kim was off from work
today!)

8 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

yeahhhhhh...chalk one up for good old LUCY...congrats. besides if they somehow screw up your feet, who is going to see them, lol

threesidesofcrazy said...

It does go both ways, while you probably thought of a dozen things to say after you left last time, she too thought of a dozen ways it could have been handled. Talking things out is good and not necessarily confrontational. Congratulations on clearing the air, you get an A+ for diplomacy!

Forgetfulone said...

See? It had been bothering her, too. She wasn't trying to be rude or mean. And I know you feel so much better! By the way, $10 for a manicure is a bargain!

TC said...

Yay you!

And um, WHERE do I need to be going to get a $22 pedicure?!?! Mine is $45 before a tip :-/

rebecca said...

it's difficult sometimes to speak up and I commend u for having the courage to do so. It was the right thing to do on their part and I wonder if they would have approached u if u had not said anything. Listen with today's economy on the brink of collapse, the last thing they want is to lose a customer.

Giggles said...

High Five Lucy Lulu for finding your voice!! You go girl! I'm proud of you! Now you have told everyone of your good fortune and all is well with the world!!

Big hugs Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Ah well done, I would find that hard too. But it sounds like you were completely fair and they saw that. Hopefully you can really treat yourself with that voucher!

daisies said...

i am so proud of you and so glad you shared this ~ inspiring!! xo