Saturday, August 16, 2008

Observation while on vacation


As my green thumbed husband drove to work each and every day
He lustily admired Pagodas in a nursery on the way

So at the start of our vacation as a gift of my love and affection
I bought him a Pagoda in celebration of his flower gardens erection

Choosing a favorite Pagoda amongst so many was Harder than we thought it would be
Until with a stroke of luck the nice owner named Dick, offered us a premature summer sale on three

My husband erected his pagoda ramrod straight between his flowers and the earth
Very Happy with it's details, height, beauty and girth

As we sat each day enjoying the gardens new view with great admiration
A shaft of sunlight illuminated my eyes to a new observation

I scratched at my cocked head with curiosity till my finger joint went numb
What does this pagoda remind me of? NO answers seemed to come

Deep in my brains bone and in my hearts center core
I swear I've seen this Pagodas shape somewhere before

It's driving me nuts, what it is, I can not think!
But I must end my poem for my Pen is out of ink


sunday scribblings

15 comments:

Devil Mood said...

lol Lucy, you naughty woman ;)

Anonymous said...

LMFAO!!!!!! Lucy Lady you are TOO TOO TOO Funny!!! I've been off an on the internet this summer (off more than on) and MAn did COMING back around this little secret SPOT make me smile and laugh HARDER than I've laughed in a while!!!! YOu may have seriously started something here you vixen!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

What happens in the winter when it gets cold? That vaguely reminds me of something, although its been awhile.

Granny Smith said...

I can't stop laughing! This is not only funny, it is very very cleverly done.

myrtle beached whale said...

this story really made my ears prick up.

Deirdre said...

I think you might have a good bodice ripper waiting to be written. :)

Giggles said...

Lucy you're not getting older my dear...you are getting BETTER!!I seriously laughed so loud that I'm sure all the neighbors heard me....This is hilarious...So clever and fun....Looks like a helmet to me!! Maybe the anteaters have been fooling you!!!

So funny my friend!!
Hugs Sherrie

anthonynorth said...

Very Freudian. Loved this. And I think I might just know what you're going on about :-)

paisley said...

lucy this was entirely too clever.. it took me almost to the end before i figured out where you were going,, but when i got there i laughed out loud!!!!!

gautami tripathy said...

You are one great female..

:D

Has anything changed?

Anonymous said...

Haha that's a really good post - like it a lot!

danni said...

well now, aren't you just the naughtiest most mischevious piece of work on ss this week??? --- i notice you were even brazen enough to put the key words in BOLD font --- so WHAT does it remind you of, smarty pants??? --- great smile for a gray sunaday afternoon!!!

Giggles said...

I'm excited I think you have it ....wonderful gift to give yourself for your birthday!!!

Hugs Giggles

Anonymous said...

Hi there great blog! i really enjoyed reading your posts.
Maya

Forgetfulone said...

Oh, you naughty girl! Actually, very clever. I liked it.