Free association is described as a "psychoanalytic procedure in which a person is encouraged to give free rein to his or her thoughts and feelings, verbalizing whatever comes into the mind without monitoring its content." Over time, this technique is supposed to help bring forth repressed thoughts and feelings that the person can then work through to gain a better sense of self.
That's an admirable goal, but for the purposes of this exercise, we're just hoping to have a little fun with the technique. Each week I'll post ten words to which you can respond to with the first thing that comes to mind.
"Rules are, there are no rules." There are no right or wrong answers. Don't limit yourself to one word responses; just say everything that pops into your head. AND you don't have to have your words up on Sunday. Take all week if you want!
Time for word association already?
I never can remember which day this prompt
begins. I posted their 'rules' so I remember it starts on Sunday..
- Groceries :: are always flying off my pantry shelf
- Deodorant :: Toms lavender
- Psychic :: I can sometimes think of someone and then..RInG! THEY CALL!
- Cherries :: The fruit YUM, the flavor YULK
- Spooky :: That song popped in my mind... "Spooky little girl like u "
- Yogurt :: Stop and Shop Lite strawberry is my favorite
- Kitchen :: Mine Needs a remodeling but I still like it
- Nothing personal :: Should be out here in cyber space, but it doesn't stop me.
- Be nice :: do unto others is a good rule, another fav.- if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
- Delivery :: Deliver us from Evil