Thursday, March 27, 2008

A womans work is never done

Last night my husband made his usual declaration... I am exhausted! I am going to bed! Then as usual he added... Are u going to bed now honey? And like many nights I said "Yeah, I am exhausted too, I just have to do a few things". So, he brushes his teeth, strips naked and is in bed in 2 minutes. Two minutes later I hear him snoring! As I begin my few things....
1. let our two dogs out
2. Set up the coffee pot for tomorrows breakfast
3. Make my son lunch
4. Put the dirty (nighttime snack) dishes into the dishwasher and run it.
5. Remember to run downstairs and throw the wash into the dryer so it doesn't smell funny
6. lower the thermostats
7. straighten the couch cushions
8. let the dogs in
9. lock up all the doors
10. give the pets fresh water
11. take off makeup/wash my face/ moisturize
12. brush my teeth
13. shut all the lights

Sound familiar ladies?
due to linking incorrectly please comment here











thursday 13 (3/27/08)

This is my first time contributing to Thurs. 13. This list came to mind as I pondered... What should I make for dinner tonight?
We are having #3 AGAIN

13 dinners I make over and Over again and I am sick to death of them all. Of course the vegetables and side dishes vary, but unfortunately Not much..

1-Breaded Chicken breasts baked in the oven
2-BONELESS breaded chicken breasts baked in the oven
3-Breaded & fried -thin chicken cutlets
4-Barbqued thin chicken cutlets (with either lemon or marinade)
5-Barbqued Chicken wings with Bar-b-que sauce
6-Lemon Chicken franchese
7-chicken freaking soup
8-turkey Meatloaf
9-Pasta with Broccoli Rabe & cannellini beans
10-Pasta and Peas (w/sundried tomatoes)
11-Pasta in sauce (With meatballs)
12-Beef Stew
13-Stuffed peppers

The one side dish that Is Always on my table and I am totally sick to death of making and eating - is SALAD.
*The reason I make so much damn chicken- My FUSSY son ( no name mentioned but He knows who he is)
He tells me not to worry about what he likes, but I am a sucker and would rather he eat home and Not through the drive- thru junk food places.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! Welcome to TT :) I saw an awful lot of chicken on the list.... I'd be sick of it too - lol!

Tammy Brierly said...

We get in these ruts so I turn to The Food Network for fast and easy new ideas. You do mix chicken up into different flavors very well.

XXOO

paisley said...

try a stir fry.. it is quick easy and you dont even really need sidedishes,, just a litle pot of white rice will do.... and you can use many different sauces on it so it never has to be exactly the same... even if it is still fickin chicken

myrtle beached whale said...

For crying out loud, you cook more chicken than Colonel Sanders.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I love chicken! Welcome to TT!

rel said...

Lucy,
Chicken X 5 days
Fish X 1
Pizza X1
Oops, back to chicken. ;)
rel

Anonymous said...

I could compile a list like this using my menu at work! I'm sick of the sight of steaks and lasagne, fish & chips and roast beef! I'm due back in the kitchen again in 15minutes to do it all again.!

Giggles said...

Moo daaaaling moo!!! Oh my goodness we are cyber mates for sure!! haha...when in doubt chicken it is!!! Costco any one? Yes me too..... frozen boxes of boneless skinless boobies lay in wait! Try chicken wraps with loads of veggies and cheese. Sweet and sour chicken and rice, curried chicken or shrimp with rice! Shrimp fettuccine, with an old Merve Griffens recipe....with my added touches!

Hugs Sherrie

Neen said...

I too get sick of eating the same old thing over and over. I have been mixing things up a bit here, forcing my husband to eat new things. I even started a recipe blog here to share some of my favorites from myself, family, and friends.

Melanie said...

Check Allrecipes.com you may get some fun, new ideas!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

We tend to get in ruts as well. But I LIKE chicken! If you want a new chick recipe to add to your repertoire, I blogged about an easy peasy chicken cordon bleu recipe on my blog on Tuesday of this week.

kay said...

Your list brought back memories. My husband and children, grown now, laugh and swear that for a whole year while I was working on a doctorate we had baked chicken, green beans and chocolate pudding every night. Hey, I don't doubt it--that was one time I didn't have to think.

Anonymous said...

I make my favorite dinners over and over too. I hope I make at least 13 of them. You've got me thinking. I'm on my 90 something TT!

Unknown said...

Good list, and we get int a pattern here too. For the past 4 weeks we have had crockpot stroganoff.
Picky eaters do make life a challenge too.
My in-laws always have a salad and bread at the table, but it is not something we do here. I like to mix in variety.
Welcome to Thursday Thirteen. Glad to see you joined us.
My 27th version is posted at the Cafe, just may need to scroll down a bit.

The Library Lady said...

Hey, I like chicken too! Besides,most people have a set of dishes they cook regularly.
And if you're cooking 7 nights a week, my hat's off to you. Around here, several nights are dedicated to leftovers :)

Anonymous said...

welcome to Thursday Thirteen.

Good list. I love oven baked breaded chicken breasts.

Unknown said...

great list..Pasta and peas sounds fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Great list! I have the same dinners over and over and when I try to find something different it always involves much more work. If I wasn't in classes at night it probably wouldn't bother me so much. Happy TT

Hootin Anni said...

All those chicken dishes sound great. But my pastas would always be meatless. Personaly, for me [tho you really didn't ask now did you] meat mixed into pasta takes away from the flavor of the sauce. LOL

Have a terrific Thursday...my t-13 is posted too, it'll take a bit of doing to comprehend it all, but it's worth a shot. Come see if you can decipher it.

anthonynorth said...

You're making me feel very hungry, here.
Now you've started with TT, you'll get hooked.
I did!

Colleen said...

At least you make dinner! HA!

Anonymous said...

Rabbits and carrots and squirrels...sounds like some good ingredients for a story.

There are at least 3 Colleen's doing TT. I'm one.

Pretty Life Online said...

Great list....nice catch for TT! Hope you'll visit my TT post too.

Byrning Bunny said...

I was just thinking the other day about how all the kids on the block would be out late, late into the night. We'd play for hours without any parental supervision and reluctantly drag our feet all the way home when our parents called our names. Great list.

SandyCarlson said...

I think I can try this! Thanks.

bernieg1 said...

Great list, mine is up at Top 13 Boys Names for 2007

Robin said...

Great quotes. I love the one about cleaning the house while the kids are still growing.

And seeing this other list reminds me that I've got chicken thawed out that I must do something with tonight!

Di said...

I can't wait!!! Only 4 years to go!