Thursday, May 15, 2008

Soarin'

When I read the Sunday Scribblings prompt this week was SOAR.... It immediately brought back the memory of THE BEST ride I've ever experienced! (turn up volume!)

SOARIN'



This ride was an amazing thrill even for people like me who DON'T like thrill rides. You are only lifted into the air maybe 6 feet and then forward until you are over a huge concave movie screen which plays beautiful scenes of California. There is a canopy over head, so You only see the images on the screen. With your feet dangling you FEEL like you are REaLLY Soaring above California and ALL of its beauty. Your feet feel like they brush the tops of mountains and skim the pacific ocean. You actually feel the wind in your face! The seats subtly move as the scenes move to intensify the feeling of flight. That's Not all... When you are Soarin' over the orange groves you smell oranges! Over the Mountains, EVergreens! It's amazing! I felt like I was hang gliding.

If you go to Disney... You HAVE to experience this! If you HAVE experienced this, Please share it with me!


Please Click the soarin' link above to actually see the ride in action, my words can't even describe how cool this was.

13 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

Oh that does sound really cool! If I ever go, I'll be sure to check it out. :D

Granny Smith said...

I haven't been to Disnetland for many years. Your post gives a reason why Otto and I should go again.

Shammi said...

I havent... but I'd LOVE to - especially after your description!

JP/deb said...

I'm a chicken-shit, but I think I might be able to do this one!

TGIF Lucy! xx, JP/deb

Giggles said...

I haven't been but it looks awesome!

Hugs Sherrie

Anonymous said...

That was one great soaring ride!

ah, the anticipation

Anonymous said...

Anna Said:

Hi, I did this ride and I thought when will it end. Yes, I do not like many rides. But everyone else just loved the experience.

Crafty Green Poet said...

if I ever go back to Disney...

Tammy Brierly said...

I favored their huge roller coaster as I watched Dave scream like a girl. He thought that Soarin' was the best ride ever! I loved it too. ;)

Lucy said...

Thanks for all your comments guys! If I can do this ride ANYONE can Deb!
Granny- You and Otto would LOVE it!
Tammy- haha Daves experience reminds me I HAVE to write about my space Mountain 'freak out'

Jon said...

That sounds fantastic. I've never been to Disney Land, but it's on my list of things to do.

Jennifer Hicks said...

what a thrill....good for you! love the bjork link - so fitting!

Anonymous said...

I swear I feel queasy just looking at the pictures.