Sunday, July 11, 2010

Miss Molly and MR. Grumpy pants McGreggor


cosmo on left... miss molly on right


So the other day, I wake up and go outside with my coffee and I hear my husband reprimanding our sweet little cockapoo Molly. Of course, without hearing the details, I defend little Molly... "Don't yell at her! You're scaring her! What did she do now?" So this is what he says.. "She went into the vegetable garden again and came out carrying a cucumber in her mouth with all the greens attached! She pulled it out by the root!" I ASK YOU BLOG READERS OUT THERE....HOW ADORABLE OF A SIGHT MUST THAT HAVE BEEN?!! I instantly giggled and said "Aww, but HOW cute she must have looked! I wish you would have snapped her picture!!" Which of course upset Mr. Petals (McGreggor) even more!! And reminiscent of the story of the little red hen that I read over and over again to our boys.... He began saying.. SURE..to you it's cute...you didn't rotatild the dirt, buy the vegetables, plant them or water them everyday!! WEll, he got his point across.. I certainly would have been frustrated as well. But OH the sight of little Molly with that bunch of greens and a cuke in her little mouth... running out of there, trying not to get caught! I still get a pang of the 'ooooh how cutes' every time i think of it! So I suggested he build a fence to keep her out after all she is like a baby and doesn't know better! WELL, that didn't go over too big and he suggested that I go build the fence! haha! Uh... I think instead... Let's just go buy the vegetables!

2 comments:

Giggles said...

Awe....I'm with you...but again why my dogs were often also sneaky and naughty. Why one would jump in all my freshly planted pots and sit there all proud,with filthy snout and paws. Same guy jumped on my counter top. How a little dog with short legs and no chair available or step up, cleared that high is beyond me...but there he was standing proudly on my counter.... soon as he saw me jumped down...I was floored beyond words.

Cute is what Miss Molly was... I can visualize her skulking across the yard....did she eat it? Hope she did...nice when animals eat veggies....

Sorry Mr. Petals, although I understand your anger, I'm rather weak when it comes to kids and dogs...

Great Story!

Hugs Gigglesxxoo

Forgetfulone said...

I'm with you! I'll go buy the vegetables! And what a cute sight she must have been. Gotta keep the camera handy. Men never think of that, though!