Sunday, January 03, 2010

Wii had a lot of laughs!

My youngest son got the Wii Fit for Christmas. He has been quietly enjoying it and working out for about an hour a day. He is my quiet/shy son and when I asked him about the fit, he just said.. yeah, I like it and he calmly explained a little about it. Yesterday my middle son who is my boisterous/outgoing/ crazy boy decided to try The Wii fit... Two seconds later.. He burst into the kitchen telling Me HOW fun it was and How amazing that it measures your BMI and weighs you and You can make a little character to look just like you! I heard about Skate boarding and Yoga and boxing, I heard about balancing and aerobics! In about 2 minutes flat.. He had animatedly told me SO much information and Got me very excited to try it myself! So... I moseyed up to my youngest sons bedroom to check it all out. Well.. Let me tell you this IS an amazing thing! First off , we had so many laughs trying to get my little Character (called a Mii)
to look exactly like me. The mii's for my two boys loook EXACTLY like them! i couldn't stop laughing about that! So then,
it accurately weighed me and asked my age and height. It told me my BMI. It then gave me a test for balance which would help pin point my ACTUAL age... Here is where the Wii Fit began to piss me off!... it said I am 65!! Sixty Five??!! I KNOW that can't be true!! I am a pretty healthy 50 year old! Just because my balance was a bit off .. I am 65??!! NO WAY! I pestered my younger son to set it up again and give me another balance test!.. Now I need to point out that I did cardio-kick boxing for years and was VErY good at standing on One leg while I did round house kicks with the other! NEVER falling down!! haha Okay.... there must have been a glitch in that first balance test... The second test was much easier.. just holding the remote and balancing it so it stayed in the 'blue' zone.... Okay..here come the new results...
75 years old!! WHAT!? My husband and son couldn't stop laughing! well I have to admit I couldn't stop either! Then it gave me some advice to 'work on this'.. Except for this ONE error... I think this thing is really fun and worth the price! I definitely will be using it again!
Let me know if you have been on a wii fit and how it measured you up!

6 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I bought the WII for the husband to bowl with but didn't get the fitness disc. maybe I'll look into it.

Tumblewords: said...

I love this crazy thing. Don't have it, though, darn. Did try the 'fit' with the kids at Christmas and I was the only one whose age came out true. The younger ones were aged. I tried not to laugh because I was afraid I'd smash my nose skateboarding later as a karmic thing. But I have to practice balance before I laugh out loud. It is a blast. I have it on my hope list.

threesidesofcrazy said...

LMAO Lucy I think your unit needs re-calibrated 'cuz I know you're in better shape than that!

Bone said...

I played Wii Fit at a friend's house awhile back. It said I was much older than my actual age, too.

My response was the same as yours: What?!?! As Kramer said, "I have the body of a taut pre-teen Swedish boy."

keiths ramblings said...

I haven't used Wii fit, sounds far too much like hard work, but I did once have a go on the ordinary Wii thingy and my 3 year old grand daughter beat me at bowling, tennis and golf! Not bothered since!

Barb said...

We got that along with a wii for xmas. I got on it and it groaned then told me I am obese. Big news there. I tried one of the balance games and it told me I failed. I had Mr. Skittles take it back. :P