Thursday, December 04, 2008

Honest SCraP award

I was given this Honest Crap award by Sweet Sheri, the cooking Mom OOOh YOu are right Mom, I keep reading it as Crap too.. It is SCRAP! And I so appreciate you choosing me to pass it on to especially when the rules read 'you need to pick blogs that are BRILLIAnT in content or design!!' Gee, cooking mom.. ARe u sure? You must not leave that kitchen too much. I will stop thinking like that (but write it for honest thing #1) and just SAy THANKS!

Here are the rules:
"When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"

Okay.. I swear I've done this before, but I will resist looking for old answers, 'cause I have enough CRap to draw from.. honestly... i do.

1. Honestly, what I wrote above is sadly true. I often don't think I am worthy of praise and compliments that I receive. I am truly working on this problem.

2. Honestly, I used to be a much better housekeeper. Lately.. I need one of those annoying bumper stickers stuck on my vacuum.. I would rather be blogging

3. Honestly, I am using Sheri's previous answers as a guide for Ideas on each of these numbers.. here she talked about being lenient with her kids. I would definitely think I fall into that category now that mine are older.When they were small, I was very careful about what they would watch on tv. Now geeez... It is a nut house.

4. As much as we are very open minded, lenient people, I get very shy with strong movie contents around even my adult kids. I would prefer to watch tame movies together ONLY

5. I honestly LOVE to sleep. I hate my alarm clock and love to wake whenever I feel like it.

6. I guess it goes back to #1, but I feel guilty buying myself Anything.However, I LOVE to buy things for my kids and husband and always justify the purchase as them deserving it.

7. Most of the tv I sit and stare at I only sit and stare at, so i can sit and stare with my husband. He loves Tv. again here I need a bumper sticker.."I would rather be doing".. anything else. Although I honestly LOVE some tv shows and I adore many movies, I find myself staring at too much CRaP!

8. I over think everything. I am overly sensitive. I am too emotional. Whew that felt good!

9. Like Sheri's answer here.. I too feel Super stressed and anxious when I have company. I LOVE it when it's happening, but the getting ready for it and the organization and shopping and planning and the "do I have enough of this & that and will this and that be okay. Is my house clean enough, roomy enough, decorated enough".. Shit...I've been leaning towards just being alone!

10. Okay for this one I am leaving Moms/sheri's answer except i am taking away the word Shy. Shy I am Not but the rest .. is me..
I am very self-conscious, and will cringe later after a conversation with someone, worrying that I said something stupid or came off as a dumbass. I do this not only with acquaintances, but good friends as well.

How did I do Cooking mom? You are right that this was somewhat cathartic. I too will pass it on to some bloggers that I don't think have a freaking clue of who I am! Unlike you though, I leave comments regardless if they think me a werido and if they never visit me.. ( I guess it's the difference in being shy that we have going on)

bella Mocha
lady banana
now entering momville
skittles
whee all the way home
genuine gem
Mimi writes

9 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

Of course I don't mind! Thank you very much. I am honored. It's a lovely award that will look wonderful in Bloggingham's trophy room.

You know...you are too hard on yourself. And you should go out and buy something just for you.

Do you want me to make it a royal decree or something?

Anonymous said...

I love your bumper sticker idea! Only I think I'd stick it on my butt.

I can definitely relate to #8. If I haven't heard from a friend in a few days, I start wondering what I did to offend them, even though I know I didn't do anything. But I'll still have this ridiculous back-and-forth dialogue in my mind until I hear from the friend.

By the way, my email is sheriw1965 at yahoo.com. Are you on facebook?

Anonymous said...

Do I need to write anything? Or can I just steal all your answers? lol
Thanks for the CRaP! I'm adding it to my blog now :)

Anonymous said...

http://genuinegem.blogspot.com/2008/12/honest-scrap-award.html
done...lol

Tammy Brierly said...

I've caught up on all your posts and I'm still smiling. I loved your list, mushrooms, 3ww and the new look. Sherrie is a doll!

HUGS

Henry said...

Thanks, doll! I haven't seen this award before.. neato! And I feel buying myself, too.

Giggles said...

Of course you are brilliant!! Need I say more...that bumper sticker on your vacuum...could you market those?...I need one too! Great answers from a Brilliant Blogger!!

Big Hugs Giggles

Blondie said...

RYC on my Blog about Yearbook Yourself--by all means put the link on yours! (My blog only gets read when I do a Sunday Scribbling post, and that wasn't one of them, so it was not well-promoted being on my blog!)

You may have noticed that no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of my bangs! I grew out my bangs once, and it just didn't look right. I need to have them to cover up the chicken pox scars on my forehead!

Forgetfulone said...

Congrats on your award. This was a fun post to read!