Tuesday, October 30, 2007

haunted eve

Tip toe barefoot undaunted by the night
darkened house lit only by Angel-light
Dry needles tinsel on faux pads of white snow
Cling to tip toes tip toes as she creeps down real low

Haunted by whispered naughtiness, she should be asleep in bed
Shhhh! Haunted by inquisitiveness, she must first peep instead

Quiet as can be, embellished surprises get a gentle shake
rustling sounds of papers echo however others do not wake
Not quite believing nonetheless conceiving this evenings magical delight
Tip toes, toes cold, tips back under warm covers finally asleep till first light


*When I was a little girl I could never sleep on Christmas Eve.
I remember being haunted by guilt for my secretive spying.
That is what sprung to mind with writers islands appropriate halloween prompt...
My holiday is off, but hope you liked the poem anyway.
for more haunted thoughts visit
writers island

14 comments:

Keith's Ramblings said...

What a sweet piece! You'll be able to use it again at Christmas!

sister AE said...

i like it!

Anonymous said...

I loved it, you sure brought one of my secrets to light :) Thanks for sharing.

Jane said...

My mother worked when I was growing up. She used to wrap the presents and hide them under her bed. Before she would get home, I would carefully unwrap each one and then carefully tape them again. Years later, my mother said she knew I did that!

daisies said...

how incredibly beautiful ...

i always opened all the presents before christmas, mine and everybody elses ~ teehee ...

Pam Aries said...

Gret twist on the haunted prompt! !

paris parfait said...

I really like your sweet poem - as a child, sometimes I would secretly open presents, then wrap them back! :)

Tumblewords: said...

How funny! Well-written!

Anonymous said...

Very nice piece. I like so much "tip toes, toes cold . . . "

have you considered writing for children?

Anonymous said...

"Cling to tip toes tip toes as she creeps down real low"


It is so good..

Lucy said...

thanks so much everyone! Your kind words make me feel wonderful! ( Also,Glad to see I'm not the only snoop!)

Giggles said...

Oh Lucy haven't had the computer for a few days...I love this poem....it was totally me too! Exactly the same!

Hugs Sherrie

Anonymous said...

I can just envision a little Lucy, kinda naughty, peeking...peeking...peeking! What a wonderful, descriptive poem, you talented woman!

Annie Jeffries said...

Sorry to be late in responding and checking in here. Computer has not been happy but we are all fixed now. I love your rhyme scheme and sweet images. It would be fun to see how this plays with other holidays.