Friday, October 05, 2007

Lulu's Book Club

I am so excited that a few of my friends and I have started a book club! We had our first meeting at my house. We plan on rotating homes every 6 weeks when we meet. There were only 7 of us, but we hope to add a few more members. The first book we discussed was " A thousand splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. As I mentioned in another post, This book was extremely touching and well written. Our next selection is "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I think I will be very Oprah-esque and Invite my blogging community to join my book club. Every 6 weeks or so when we choose a new book, I will post the title and hope that you read along. Then, I will welcome your book comments and discussions. I don't think I have enough readers out there to get a big turnout, but what the hell... let's see what happens. watch Oprah today to see the author and hear more about her book.

Since Laini and Meg need a well deserved break from Sunday Scribblings this week, I would like to take this opportunity
to share my book club idea with my fellow scribblers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still puzzling over the puzzle -:(

I might be able to join in if I don't have too many down days with the Mennier's.

Anonymous said...

Your book club sounds great and Eat, Pray, Love is the most awesome book. It is a book ever woman should read. Haven't had a chance to watch Oprah yet. Tivo'd though. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on this weeks non-prompt for Sunday Scribblings.

Anonymous said...

I might try to participate. Depends on the book!

Tumblewords: said...

Good books! It sounds like a interesting experiment - Hmmm.

Gill said...

I am going to see if by some miracle our library has the book, if so I will join in; if not I will try again next time. Lovely idea!