Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thurs. 13

Last night my husband made his usual declaration... I am exhausted! I am going to bed! Then as usual he added... Are u going to bed now honey? And like many nights I said "Yeah, I am exhausted too, I just have to do a few things". So, he brushes his teeth, strips naked and is in bed in 2 minutes. Two minutes later I hear him snoring! As I begin my few things....
1. let our two dogs out
2. Set up the coffee pot for tomorrows breakfast
3. Make my son lunch
4. Put the dirty (nighttime snack) dishes into the dishwasher and run it.
5. Remember to run downstairs and throw the wash into the dryer so it doesn't smell funny
6. lower the thermostats
7. straighten the couch cushions
8. let the dogs in
9. lock up all the doors
10. give the pets fresh water
11. take off makeup/wash my face/ moisturize
12. brush my teeth
13. shut all the lights

Sound familiar ladies?
visit Thurs. 13

13 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

It's a good job we're multi-tasked!

Bone said...

Wow, I totally had to do #5 last night! Except it was towels.

So you're telling me when I get married, I won't have to do such things? Sweet! I can't wait. :)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Hey Lucy when did you move into my house? LOL That is almost exactly my list!!

Tammy Brierly said...

I'm the one snoring. LOL Good job lady! XXOO

The Bumbles said...

Problem is I never remember to turn down the thermostat until I'm comfy cozy in bed with my snoring hubby. I really need to set the timer on that thing.

myrtle beached whale said...

No sane man would ever want to be a woman. I am glad someone took over the Thursday 13. I missed that.

Deirdre said...

Sounds very familiar. I'm headed in to put away two baskets of laundry right now. The ones I folded last night before bed and this morning before work.

Anonymous said...

If this wasn't so true, I'd be laughing (more). Do you know I needed to ...well I better save that for a post. Let's just say, husbands are a different species, as you so wryly point out!

Miss seeing you around!

Patois42 said...

That's the usual. However, I've been a bit whacked of late with pain so mostly the house is just a complete wreck because, seriously, if I don't do these things, no one does.

Akelamalu said...

And I thought it was just me! :)

Gill said...

Sounds scarily familiar!

Forgetfulone said...

So typical! I'm surprised your list wasn't even longer! I know how it is.

Pretty Things said...

My husband can fall asleep in two minutes, BUT -- he does the dishes, the laundry, and dinner (so I can work) and I need to remember that next time I want to gripe to him about something!