Monday, February 02, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is my sons 22 birthday! Where did those years go?!

It seems like yesterday when I felt those first pangs of labor. I can remember so clearly holding you for the very first time. Inhaling your precious baby scent, feeling your delicate soft skin and melting from your sweet baby sounds. It seems like yesterday that I had to leave you at the hospital due to jaundice and come home feeling like an amputee. It seems like yesterday that you were first placed into your big brothers arms and immediately passed gas which totally delighted big brother. I can still remember your favorite stories during your toddler years that I read to you each night. Goodnight moon, Rupert Penguin, Morris the moose and Harry the dirty dog. I still have the (now dingy) white little lamb that you dragged around the house. The little lamb had come with a blanket and pacifier attached to it's hands. Every time they came loose, I would sew them back on to dry your tears. You couldn't fall asleep without holding the lambs pacifier in your small hands.
I remember so clearly sitting on the floor by the head of your bed and watching you sleep when I was pregnant with J. I softly cried and worried how you would cope with becoming 'the middle child'. It seems like yesterday that I went to parents day at your Kindergarden class and Your teacher had to finally say to you... "YOU must let go of your mothers leg, she has to go home NoW!" Your affection was always intense and your humor and love for fun contagious. You've grown into am amazing young man and I wish for you all the good things you deserve! There are so many things I love about u but the one thing that stands out today, Is how every time you walk into our house you manage to bring it alive with your energy, happiness and love for life.
Where did twenty two years go? Time just fly's when you're having fun! Happy Birthday Sweetheart xox

10 comments:

Henry said...

What a cute picture! happy Birthday to him!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

wow lucy you must be old...lol
Happy birthday to your big boy. they grow even if you don't feed them.

Akelamalu said...

What a lovely picture and obviously you were a child bride! ;)

It's scary where the time goes isn't it? My boys are 38 and 32 :0

Happy Birthday to your son. :)

Bone said...

What sweet memories, Lucy. Makes me wonder what my Mom remembers about me.

Tammy Brierly said...

I had to leave both girls at the hospital due to jaundice too. So sad! Happy Birth Day Lucy!

Keyboard or drums in our hormo band?

NEVER teach a child or husband and visa vera. LOL How touched you must have been.

Glad you posted your SS anyway. :)

Patois42 said...

You made me cry with this. Beauty.

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely post Lucy. Happy birthday to your son!!

TC said...

That's a great post, Lucy. So sweet.

paisley said...

your boys are so lucky to have you!!!!!!

Forgetfulone said...

I love that picture!