Monday, February 23, 2009

stranded on dessert island Meme

Tammy with the Queen sized heart has tagged me with the oddest of memes so far!
Here is the scenario....

“Your ship has sunk. You have, of course, been stranded on a deserted island. You have salvaged a copy of the King James Version of the Bible and a copy of the complete works of Shakespeare. Nothing else.

“The very next day you find one of those Arabian Lamps in the sand. Of course, you rub it and, of course, a rather grumpy Genie appears.

“‘Let’s get this straight - there is a recession going on. There are restrictions on the three wishes now. I don’t do water or air transport now so no boats, planes or magic carpets. As for electronics, forget it. There isn’t the infrastructure on this island.

“‘I can let you have one book and I mean one VOLUME, one essential item and one luxury item. Now hurry up and make your choices, I have to get to those five other islands you are going to nominate.’”

The ONE book I would wish for is-
building small boats!














The ONE essential item I would wish for?


Meet Bill the construction worker! He will build my boat!








AND My ONE Luxury Item.?
The Lounger I will relax on while I read the books instructions aloud to my dessert-Mr. Bill, as I watch him in action!















Thanks for the wacky Meme Tam! I nominate the following shipmates who I like to visit...
simply mel
one gals musings
roseyposey
mimiwrites
momville

9 comments:

Mel said...

You are so funny! Will play along this week and let you know. Thanks for the tag, I always enjoy them.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Nice job. I think I'll trade my guy in for yours.

The Gal Herself said...

Aye-aye! I completed my mission. (This meme puts me in a nautical mood.) Thanks for thinking of me.

Anonymous said...

Anna said:

LOL...you certainly made the right choices.

Patois42 said...

Now that's keeping in the spirit of a meme!

Henry said...

I'm going to have fun with this one! I might need to borrow Bill from you!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Lucy this was so much fun! Was it a play on words in your title or a Freudian slip? Either was can you make my island a banana cream pie?

Tammy Brierly said...

LOL Now that was clever! You always make me smile. XXOO

Barb said...

With Bob the Builder around, why would you leave??? Does he iron pants, by the way??